Chapter 1-Happy 18!

Sunday 24th of March 2013, morning, Greece

“Happy birthday!” , I heard my father whisper to my ear while he moved his hands down my blanket to hug me. He kissed my head and then my cheek. “Time to wake up birthday girl”, and with that he moved his hands to my stomach and started tickling me.

“Dad-ha ha… Dad stop!... Ha ha… I-I’m awake stop!” , with that he stopped, pet my head and got up. “Breakfast is ready” , he got out the room and left the door opened to come some light in. I pulled my blanket up my head and wrapped my hands around my legs close to my chest just like a small baby in its mother’s womb. It was so warm under there that I didn’t want to get out. Too bad that I needed to get up. I pushed my blanketand stuffed animals of me and moved of my cozy bed. I moved out of the room and went straight to the living room to meet my parents. My father was wearing his jacket and kissed my mother. Normally no one worked on Sundays, but a beer’s factory needed some machines in order to produce a new kind of beer with lemon and my dad had to work during the whole weekend to make them. He had also to work tomorrow, even though it was a national celebration.

“Bye dad” , moved my hand up to good bye him. “Happy birthday my love! Come here” , he opened her arms for me and hugged me tight, that wasn’t something we did usually, my mum wasn’t the hugging type of a person. “Oh baby… You’ve grown up so much. You are an adult now…” , she continued stroking my back for a little and then she left me. “I’ll warm some milk, will you wake up Maria?” , she asked me while she was walking towards the kitchen with her back facing me. “Ok” , I went back to my bedroom to wake up my little sister.

I climbed the stairs of her bed and leaned up of her head. “Maria wake up!” , I called her name many times and told her to get up but nothing. Geez! How much can that child sleep! She’s always hard to wake up. She doesn’t wake up no matter how much noise you may make! That is why I always ended teasing and tickling her and that’s exactly what I did.

“Mmm…mm…” , I saw her moving and hiding herself under her blanket. “Stop complaining and get up sleepy one! Mum is making breakfast…” , I continued teasing her. “Nooooo… I don’t want to! What time is it?” . I rolled up my eyes. “Eight and a half” , I told her still tickling her. “I won’t wake up! It’s not twelve o’clock!”

“Maria! Get up now!” , her act was starting getting on my nerves. “Nooooo! Why?”, she wined like a cranky cat. “Because mum said so! Now get up!” , I tried to pull her out of bed.

“Maria! Get up now! You have to study for your English lessons!” , I heard my mother shouting from the kitchen. “Mmm… Why! I wanna sleep…”

“Maria get up! You’ve been sleeping since ten and thirty while all of us we have sleep only for a few hours. Get up! Milk is ready!”

“Ooh! Why you never let me sleep!” , and with that she got up and went straight to the bathroom. That kid never stops complaining about sleeping. I got down her bed and went to the kitchen to eat my breakfast.

Soon Maria came to eat her own. After finishing it I went to change to my clothes and got out to buy a newspaper. Then I went back home and helped my mum to clean up the house. Tonight the whole family, my mother’s sisters and parents and my dad’s parents, would come to see me blow my 18th candles. After cleaning up the whole house, we ate lunch and I study a little bit for my school and my Physics lessons. As student we don’t have only to go to school during morning but to do also some extra lessons in private Education Organizations for some of our school lessons or for a foreign language in order to give for a language certificate. We all had to have lower in English or upper and some other in a second language such as French or German.

Somewhere around three and a half I had to get out to buy some things my mum needed for the night. We were living next to our town’s main church and every hour during the day time only the bells were singing to remind us what time is it. I was passing by the church’s yard returning home when the bells rang four in the afternoon. That was the exact time that I was born…and the exact time my life changed, not only because I was becoming an adult, but because a curse was breaking and a miracle was coming back to life…

"author's blah blah section XD"

Hey!!!

Brand-new story, brand-new fun! XD

I know it may be short and full of mistakes but please be patient till June! 

After reading the next chapters, (that I am going to update soon so stay tuned XD) you may spot similarities to Dark Academy but no, it will be something different.

I may have create this story but, just so you know, my main priority for updates will be Dark Academy.

Don't forget to vote/comment/fun (please!)

Have fun Everyone!

See ya!