Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP

Zak groggily looks up from his nearly closed eye, to see what the sound was. As the sound was still there, realization suddenly hits him. His eyes widen open and he nearly falls out of his bed. As he has a death grip onto his bed sheets, he yells,"FUCK- I'M LATE-" Just as he says that, he falls, hitting his ankle onto the bed frame.

"FUCK"

He shuts his mouth realizing that he just cursed louder then he probably should've at whatever time it was now-"ZAK! FINALLY YOU'RE AWAKE- GET YOUR ASS OUT OF YOUR BE

As he tries to reply, the pain from his ankle eventually hits him and he mumbles a quiet 'coming'.

He starts struggling to get up from the ground. Once he gets up, he ruffles his nest of hair. Zak is much of an introvert. So much so that he would just avoid any human interaction, even towards his close friends and family. Oh how he really wishes that he could just be locked up in that  room of his forever. Fun fact, the only reason why he still goes to public school is because Clay, and Vincent, practically the only people who would be friends with him, go to the same school. Of course, it's not just that. There are a couple other reasons, but, thats not to be explained right now.
If he hadn't gone to public school, he would be taking all of his classes online, with his camera off. Knowing that most of the time, everyone, except for the teacher, would be muted. But, because he would never turn on his camera, he would just never talk. It's not even that his friends are the reason why he even has normal human interactions. If it wasn't for his sister, Sam, introducing him to nearly everyone he will ever interact with, he would have no at least decent human relationships. Just as Zak started to fully calm down after the damage towards his ankle, Sam yells,"ZAK? YOU COMING?"

"yEa-"

After he struggles to get himself off of the ground, he attempts to sprint to his closet. But, he ends up groggily walking to it instead. Once he gets there, he tiredly lifts up his arm to get his personal favorite, blue hoodie. Then, he gets a fairly light gray t-shirt, including a pair of black skinny jeans.

Once he finishes changing, he packs some supplies into his backpack. Such as a couple of notebooks, a pencil or two, and a pair of headphones. Yeah, headphones aren't school supplies, but, for what's waiting for hm at school, he's going to need them.
Once he finishes packing his supplies (mostly), he swings his backpack onto his back and starts getting out of his room. He opens the door, then, squeak! He sighs and thinks,'why don't we ever fix that door?'

Alas, he finishes walking down the flight of stairs, then he asks no one,"What do I eat for breakfast?"
Just then, Sam pops out of the kitchen. "Might as well not eat breakfast, you're 1 hour late. 1st period already passed."
Zak stood there, dumbfounded. How did he oversleep that much?
"Then why are you not in school?"
Sam turns her head towards Zak's direction. "Mom said that I seemed sick so I don't have to go."
She makes a smug face. Zak frowns. There goes trying to be early.
"I'm just going to get going-"
He cuts himself off by running towards the door, and struggling to open the door. Once he succeeds to open the door, he runs out. Forgetting to close the door.
A silhouette walks to the opened door, making it locked.

Word count: 620