Chapter 3

Obsidian: Our forms keep us from healing?!

Obsidian and Glas are seen alone on the bridge of the ship with Obsidian looking confused.

Glas: More or less. Our healing factors vary depending on our form.

Obsidian: But don't we get healed almost instantly?

Glas: Nope. Doesn't always work. Our robot forms need to be repaired but we will get back up. Nemesis was damaged badly and is practically dead at the very moment but he'll wake up. It's like a sleep mode for him right now so he just needs to be fixed up. That's all.

Obsidian: That's messed up.

Glas: That's just how we are. Becomes part of us once we go somewhere and it sticks with us. We might be overpowered in one dimension then normal in another but it doesn't matter. We're still the same immortal beings that have to take on so much for whoever we are here to help or protect.

Obsidian: Your job is bullshit.

Glas: Good thing no one else is here and yes, it is but that's just how we work and what we do. Plus, you're part of us now.

Obsidian: Sometimes, I wish I wasn't.

Glas: Oh don't be like that.

He gives a chuckle as Obsidian shakes his head. Blastcore is seen walking towards the infirmary, pondering what MacCadam told him about Nemesis.

Blastcore: thinking What did he mean?

???: I don't have an answer. Iota probably does though.

Blastcore then gives a silent sigh as he rubs his chin. He looks to his side and sees what looks like a yellow humanoid, hardlight hologram sitting on his shoulder.

Blastcore: thinking Hello Eta.

Eta: Hey, Blastcore. Good to see you again.

Blastcore: thinking Shouldn't you be in the ship's mainframe right now helping with guiding it to the mining sectors to get Strider?

Eta: Yeah, I should be but I'm only an assistance AI, not a ship AI. That's Vera's job.

Blastcore: thinking I see. Well, I need to talk to Sam quickly.

Eta: About what?

Blastcore: thinking MacCadam spoke to me before I evacuated with the others. He said something about Sam will need to "bring out something he's kept hidden" but I don't know what exactly that is. You saw the broadcast?

Eta: Yeah, I did. While you were at MacCadam's. All three of us saw it. Iota's devastated. I'm surprised you were let out early.

Blastcore: thinking Didn't get too banged up unlike Silver and Sam. Sam got the worst of it and Silver's almost fixed up. I only came out with little battle damage since I'm bulkier like this compared to them.