Aesthetically Beautiful

Exiting the office in the SUV, Shiv gently places her hand over Tom's, then moves it to give his thumb a light squeeze, signaling her desire for his attention.

"Hey, I think I might just go home and skip the celebration. It's been a tumultuous 24 hours, or rather, 2 weeks. I need some time to decompress," she says, while taking her left hand and rubbing her belly. "This one is underage. There's no need to fake drink anymore; the news is out... Shiv trails off."

"Oh, yeah, yeah," Tom responds, instructing the driver to make a pit stop at 120 Broadway.

As the car parks outside, Shiv motions to leave, and Tom quickly hops out of the vehicle.

"Oh, are you coming up?" Shiv asks Tom.

"Yeah, I thought I would gather a few things," Tom replies as they make their way into the elevator.

"Oh," Shiv responds, her tone filled with curiosity and a hint of surprise.

"Oh?" Tom questions, sensing something in Shiv's reaction.

Silent for the remainder of the elevator ride, Shiv gathers her thoughts before speaking.

"I, if I have a say, would like you to move back in, forget the hotel; you never liked that place anyway. Let's figure out our arrangements, sort things out, you know, everything," Shiv rambles as they enter the apartment door.

Tom responds in a low, husky voice, "Come home to you tonight?"

"Yes," Shiv replies with a hint of emotion. "Well, come back to your home."

"Okay," Tom flatly says as he takes off his tie, unbuttons the top two buttons of his shirt, and removes his suit jacket. "I'll leave these here then."

Tom reaches for Shiv's baby bump with his right hand, looking intensely into her eyes. "I'll come home tonight," he assures her. Then, wanting to test the waters and gauge the reception he'll receive, he pushes Shiv back against the wall, their foreheads pressed together, and lets out a soft hum before breaking away. He gives Shiv a pat on the right hip. "See you when I get back."

4 AM - Apartment Lower Level

Restless in bed, Shiv gets up to refill her water glass. As she does, she hears the gentle tap of oxfords against the stairs, followed by a rough landing at the bottom. Concerned, Shiv leaves the en-suite and heads to check on Tom.

Their eyes meet in the sparsely lit downstairs den. "You okay?" Shiv asks, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"Sure, uh huh, just you know, these stairs. Aesthetically beautiful, yet drunk-adverse," Tom replies with a hint of humor.

"Oh, okay. Got a few things in your system?"

Tom smirks and replies, "Finally, taking drugs in the right order."

Walking closer to Shiv, Tom gestures towards the glass of water. "May I?" he asks, seeking permission. He takes a large gulp, then drips the glass on Shiv's chest. "What the actual fuck" she bellows as Tom reaches for the straps on her nightgown, and it drops to the floor.

Tom squats down in front of her and proceeds to lick up the dripping water starting at her abdomen and up to her chest. His head rocks for a moment between her breast. His right-hand pinches her nipple between his index and middle finger as he moves to kiss her, but he slows his approach, hovering his mouth near hers, exhaling slow, hot breaths in her face.

"Do you like this?" As his hands slide down the outline of her body, cupping her ass and pressing her body firmly against his groan, stiff with arousal. "Do you like this? I want to hear you say you want me."