I

I see these sorts of illusions in my head sometimes. It calls me like a bird from a beautiful tree, and yet I can't grasp and reach it.

This world that I stand and ponder on feels like a lost puzzle piece I can't find. I feel like I am missing something that I am actually not missing. But how? Maybe it could be that after Muzan died, the demons have disappeared completely, a war that we have won in our pleasure; and yet, I don't feel pleasure at all. There's something that I emotionally- no. Something that I can sense from extremely far away. But what is it? What is it I am trying to sense?
_______________________________________
And before I could've even thought more, I opened my eyes bright awake, sunlight hitting my face.

Twelve Months After Muzan's Death

My name is Inosuke Hashibira. I am the mountain God I call myself, but I am mostly known more as the former Beast Hashira. Recalling my name though, I do live in the mountains. All I do here is run around, hunt animals to death, and train my strength. It's a good life, but it's something I don't want to do forever. I get off the plant fibers I used as a bed and the sun shines on my face more. I grabbed my boar mask and put it over my head. It's time.

Inosuke: It's time! Here comes the almighty God of the mountains! The beast Hashira! Inosuke-sama!!!

As my dream echoes throughout the valleys of the mountain and the light-blue cloudless sky, I laugh to myself and start warding off towards down the mountain slide. I drop off and land on the ground grabbing a steel axe from a tree stump I made. I'm going to have to make some food for breakfast; boar will do.

Inosuke: Where are you all at, you pesky animals!?

I jump high up and dash myself into the bushes of the forest. Ever whip I lash with my axe I cut down a leaf or any other foliage in my way. I am desperately hungry to unhunger myself. But as I traverse myself, I trip my leg on a rock, and as I fall into the ground, the tip of a branch slowly reaches my eye scratching me in one fatal swoop. I drop myself and yell in pain blood dripping out from my hand grasping and covering my left eye. This was the day that I found out that even somebody as strong as myself could get wounds like this even from something that isn't your enemy.

I went back home, no luck in finding any food for the day, but that was the least of my worries since I scratched myself on my eye. I made an eye patch with the plant fiber I have collected over these days; the pain is starting to sooth in such a weird manner. The crackling noises from the campfire by me make sparks stinging my face bit by bit. Maybe today I'll eat berries too. But my hunger doesn't want to eat berries, in fact, it wants to kill again. As it is heavy to admit, I miss the old days when I was a Demon Slayer. I couldn't forget the amount of times I slain demons to save humanity bit by bit; especially our victorious fight with Muzan. Maybe it's because it's my own will to actually do something inspirational. What that inspiration could be? I don't know, but it's something that keeps me going.

As nightfall starts shredding the sun, I prepare my bed once again after I ate the basket filled with blue berries. I walk towards the plant fibers and lay on them making myself comfortable. I look up at the stars, multiple of them, an uncountable amount. Sometimes though I don't feel the slight comfort of being in a free world. What does it offer after you bore of peacefulness? That's why I never want to be a star. Beautiful but stationary and boring. I close my eyes shut and flip to the side resting on my elbow. One more night for the mountain God; Inosuke Hashibira.

Suddenly, I stand up and pick up the axe by the fibers aiming it at where I felt a faint vibration from. Dangerous or not, it is always to be aware of, and this feeling I am getting is not well. I can tell that whoever is inside of the bushes are looking at me deadly into my eyes.