Chapter 0

Cassidy can't help the smile spreading on her face as she stares at her boyfriend who's walking towards her with a bouquet of tulips on one hand and a picnic basket on the other. She giggled when she heard her classmates shrieking on the side. 

"How to be you, Casey?" Juliet joked while poking on Cassidy's side. 

Casey's cheek burned with slight embarrassment and kilig. Her boyfriend - Skyler Tristan Del Bosque - has always been the ideal man since he started courting her. He's always sweet, caring, thoughtful, considerate and faithful. And Casey can't ask for anything more. 

"Hi!" Tristan stopped in front of Casey and handed the flowers to her. 

"Hi!" Casey replied while taking the flowers. She brought the bouquet near her nose to sniff the floral scent from it. 

Mas nagtilian pa ang mga kaklase ni Cassidy na nasa malapit lang. 

"Girls," nahihiyang saway ni Casey sa mga kaibigan dahil napapabaling na rin sa gawi nila ang ibang mga estudyante na dumadaan sa hallway. 

Tristan chuckled. "Shall we?" he asked his girlfriend. 

Cassidy nodded, she bid her farewell on her teasing classmates. Side by side, the two of them walked towards the school's garden. Tristan laid down the picnic blanket under the shade of the big tree on one corner of the garden. 

Cassidy settled the flowers and her bag on the blanket then gently tucked her skirt to properly sit on the blanket. All the while, Tristan set the food containers he brought with him. 

"This is... kind of embarrassing," Casey shyly giggled while looking around the area. Glances from the passing students were thrown at their way. 

Tristan chuckled. "Yeah. Kind of." 

Casey sighed while playing with the flowers. "I'm sorry kay Papa."

Mas natawa si Tristan sa pagkakanguso ng kasintahan. "Tito Nexiel is just protecting you."

"No. He's overreacting." Casey pouted. 

Tristan smiled then settled himself near Cassidy on the blanket. "But this is nice naman, right?"

Cassidy nodded. "Bridgerton feels," she giggled.

"I heard that from Avy. The Netflix series?" Tristan asked.

"Yup. I am planning to binge watch the whole season this weekend," Cassidy shared.

The two of them talked about random stuffs while sharing the foods Tristan prepared for their picnic. Tristan was attentive to his darling. Kung may hindi man s'ya alam sa mga binabanggit ng kasintahan, he's enthusiastically inquiring about it. He's giving her his undivided attention. Everything Casey is talking about interests him. And Casey feels good about it. 

Their date has been disturbed by a call on Tristan's phone. 

"Sorry, I have to take this," Tristan said as he reached for his phone. 

Kumunot ang noo ni Casey dahil kanina pa naman iyon nag-va-vibrate pero hindi naman binigyan ng atensyon iyon ng kasintahan. Curiosity got the best of her, so she checked on the phone's screen. She rolled her eyes when she saw her father's name on it. 

Of course. It has to be Nexiel Vergara. 

This is their first date since they became official. Cassidy just turned nineteen last week, at last week n'ya lang din nasagot si Tristan dahil iyon ang gusto ng Papa n'ya. 

Originally, Cassidy planned to make Tristan her boyfriend after she turned eighteen. Pero isang malaking hadlang ang Papa n'ya. Halos ipagmakaawa n'ya pa nga na pumayag ito na maging escort n'ya si Tristan noong debut n'ya. Kung hindi pa ito inaway ng Mommy n'ya, hindi talaga ito papayag. When she told her parents that she wanted to make Tristan her boyfriend since she's already on the legal age, her father objected and insisted that Tristan was just fooling around with her. He's not serious and was just preying on her.  

Cassidy has been challenged by her father. Isang pustahan. Nexiel bet that Tristan will give up. Isang taon pa na panliligaw na walang resulta at aayaw na ang binata. Of course, Casey bet otherwise. 

Despite her father's attitude towards her suitor, Tristan persevered. And now, he's officially her boyfriend. 

Pero kahit na legal na silang magkasintahan, Nexiel Vergara can't just stop being the bane on their relationship. He got set of rules. They can't even go out on proper dates. Kaya heto sila ngayon, nag-first date sa loob ng school. Mabuti na lang at nakaisip si Tristan ng magandang setup. 

This picnic date is so romantic. It's even better than eating out on fancy restaurant or having a movie date. 

Cassidy can't help but to feel grateful. 

"Yes, Tito. Pauwi na rin po kami," Tristan said in a respectful manner. "Opo, Tito, sa sasakyan n'yo lang po."

Cassidy pouted at what she heard. 

After dropping the call, Tristan smiled apologetically at his girlfriend. "We have to go. Baka 'di pa masundan 'tong first date natin 'pag na-disappoint ko ang Papa mo."

All Casey can do was to sigh. Tristan is already driving his own car, and tried asking Nexiel if he can drive Cassidy home from school. And as expected, his request has been declined. 

Will there be a day that Nexiel will just give up on his occlusions? Casey wondered. 

Casey tried to help Tristan in putting their picnic things away, but Tristan stopped her. After tidying up the picnic materials, Tristan walked her to where their family driver was waiting. He opened the door for her. 

"Thank you for the wonderful date," Casey said when she faced Tristan after putting her bag on the backseat of the car. "I super enjoyed it."

Tristan tucked her hair behind her ear the stared directly at her eyes. 

Cassidy felt her heart jumped at the intensity of his gaze. 

A kiss. Ending their date with a kiss will be perfect. 

She slowly closed her eyes, and patiently waited for the kiss. 

Cassidy got confused if she's disappointed when she felt Tristan's soft lips on her forehead.

"Soon." Tristan gently whispered. He took a step back then motioned for her to get in the car. "Call me when you get home."

Cassidy forced herself to smile. She nodded then she got inside the car. She rolled the window down then waved her hand as she instructed the driver to go. 

Nang paliko na palabas ng parking ang sasakyan nila, saka n'ya lang nakita si Tristan na naglakad papunta sa sarili nitong sasakyan. 

She sighed. She's pissed with her father. 

But upon gazing at the beautiful bouquet on her lap, her frown was replaced with a smile. 

Tristan is really the best. Kahit na ang daming balakid ng Papa n'ya, nakakagawa pa rin si Tristan ng paraan para maiparamdam na mahal s'ya nito. 

And Cassidy is hoping that this will be forever. That Tristan will be hers forever.

_________________

July 19, 2023 - 01:24

Note: Some chapters from my story POYALS was on Tristan's and Cassidy's POV. You might want to check it out.