ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-Tragic-ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

As Josephine stood amidst the somber atmosphere of the funeral, a wave of sadness washed over her. The weight of loss enveloped her heart, leaving it heavy and empty. Her eyes darted across the crowd, searching for some solace, but all she found were solemn faces mirroring her own grief.

She had been dreading this day for weeks.And had been feeling a mix of sadness and anger, mostly anger though.She had lost her parents in a tragic accident,it had been in a fire,she was now been stuck with her wealthy aunt and uncle who live in outerbanks.

The funeral was held in josephines home town and many people had come to offer their condolences. She knew that most of the people there had only known her parents superficially and weren't truly grieving.

The only thought that had given her the thought of satisfaction and relief over her was that at least the lively middle aged couple were being burried side by side as they would have preferred,finally at peace together in the end as they would have wished.

Josephine covering her face in her hands to cover the tears threatning to spill. An arm wrapped around her shoulder as her aunt amber had stepped closer,it had been raining and so she had covered them both with her umbrella.

"It shouldnt have been them"Josephine said quietly sniffling back her tears."Gosh,i cant believe this is really happening,Some part of me feels as if im just dreaming, i want to wake up and escape this terrible nightmare,wake up and see that this is all not real,that this isnt happening and im imaginging it, but i know,i know this is real,and it hurts so much,please make it stop,aunt amber please,i want this pain,this feeling in me to stop.-"

Josephine sucked in a shuddering breath,rocking her body back and forth-as she couldnt help it tho.The sheer anxiety that she felt at that moment was unexplainable.The pain was too much for her, she wanted the memories and sadness to go away,but it seemed like it would never end.

Aunt amber kept silent saying nothing but pulling the young 18 year old into her arms whispering all but sweet comforting words into her neices ear. Josephine had felt her aunts warmth and kindness,and for a momnt,just a moment the pain had stopped,as somehow,the embrace of her aunt felt like a shield of protection,and Josephine was grateful for it. They stayed like that for some time, embracing in the rain. Her aunt however;was trying to be the strong one. She had rested her chin on Josephine head and fought back the tears,holding them both close as if it were the last time they would be together.

Behind them, Josephine's uncle was quietly sobbing.He was trying to be strong for his niece,but the pain of losing his brother was too much for him to bear.He couldn't contain his emotions any longer, and his tears ran freely down his face.

When Josephine had turned to take a peak at her uncle to see how he was doing,observing him but not approaching though,she saw him standing there,alone,still crying.She could only imagine what he must have been feeling,and she knew how hard it must have been for him to appear strong in front of her,his niece

.As the funeral came to a close ending,and the people had slowly left by each passing second.Jo had asked her aunt and uncle for some time alone.She was now standing alone taking a look at her parents' graves which were buried right next to each other.She diddntt know when shed be back at her hometown,and was not entirely sure if shed even be coming back here seeing as she will be living with her uncle and his wife somewhere in a place called outerbanks.So she wasnt really sure if this would be her last time ever seeing her parents graves,or just the last time in a while.

Josephine had felt a profound sense of sadness wash over her as she stood there,remembring all her happy memories with them.Tears once again starting to form in her eyes,but she had quickly wiped them away.She took a deep breath and tried to collect herself.I had to be strong she told herself,for my parents at least.They had gone through so much to give her the life she had,and this was her way of honoring them.

Jo had bent down and placed a single flower on each of their graves.She kissed her fingertips and touched each of them one by one.Saying goodbte,knowing shed probably never be able to see them again.

Josephine's aunt and uncle had kept their distance.As jo had been so lost in her sorrow,she was to lost deep that she hadnt even noticed when they had come up behind her.

Aunt Amber gently touched her arm, her voice soft and comforting.

"Are you ready to go now sweetheard?" she asked.

Josephine nodded and took a deep breath.Knowing rhis was it.It was time to start her new life,without her parents.

They had drove in silence to the outer banks of North Carolina,the place her parents had usually always taken her to for vacation.As they drove through the winding roads,josephine couldnt help but feel a little bit of excitement for the new journey,but a the same time she didnt want to do this without her parents,they were and still are everything to her.But,she had still hoped to start a new beginning.