Chapter 2 | Lucas

✤ July 22, X795 ✤

Lucy woke up to the sun coming through her windows. As she sat up and stretched, everything from the night before came rushing back to her. She looked out the window to see the grave of the woman.

She sighed and got out of bed. She was wearing a pair of men's sweatpants she stole from one of Sting's boxes and the same t-shirt. Stepping over to the vanity, she grabbed the comb and dragged it through her hip-length hair before tying it up in a half bun.

After she finished, she left her room and went over to the door in front of the stairs. She opened it and peered in to see Sting lying face down on the pillow, his right arm hanging off the bed. She rolled her eyes and remembered what he had asked her to do the night before.

Shutting the door, she walked over to the door across from hers. Upon opening it she immediately covered her nose. The room smelled horrible and she made a note to herself to yell at Sting for not bathing the child sooner. With swift movements, she entered and swept the child off of the bed, taking him to the large bathroom. The movement woke the child and he opened his blue eyes before beginning to cry in surprise.

In the next room, Sting covered his head with his pillow before sitting up in a daze. He sighed and got up, slipping a shirt on. Leaving his room, he noticed the crying was in the bathroom.

"She must be up..." He scrunched his nose as a foul smell met it. He really should have bathed the child himself the day before.

Deciding the bed sheets probably needed cleaning, he entered the room with a bottle of freshener and sprayed around before ripping the sheets from the twin bed and taking them to the washing room he had found.

After setting up the sheets in the washing machine which was hooked up in the washing room, he approached the bathroom door and knocked, knowing Lucy was in there because of Lucas' crying.

"Yeah?" she asked from the other side.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure." Sting opened the door to find Lucas lying on a towel on the table crying.

"Do you know if he's wearing a diaper?" he asked.

"It looks like it..." she muttered as she removed the boy's tattered pants. There was a diaper, but it was dirty and smelled horrible.

"That explains why he smelled so bad. Damn, I thought it was just him. That's had to be on him for at least a week..." he murmured, looking over her shoulder. Lucy grimaced.

"Where is the guy who did this to them?" she asked.

"Dead..."

She sighed and took the diaper off of him before cringing at both the sight and smell.

"There's not too much in it. He must have not been fed properly, not to say I'm surprised... He'll need diapers, baby powder, and some rash ointment."

"Will do. In case you need anything, I put most of the useful stuff in the room next to his, it has the washer and dryer in it too."

She nodded as she dropped the diaper in the trash can.

"What the... It just vanished."

Sting went and looked in the trash can to find the bag empty and clean.

"Hm, this guy enchanted everything. Last night when I went to get a second piece of wood, something restocked the shelf. My guess is this guy made it so he never had to leave the barrier. So trash disappears, and things are endless. I'd love to read his journals sometime..."