Sick Day - TsukiYama 🍒

I hope you guys enjoy! I absolutely fucking love their friendship dynamic, even if Tsukishima is a bitch 99.99999999% of the time-

---

It was a cold winter evening, and the snowflakes fell gently from the dark sky, coating the world in a soft white blanket. Yamaguchi was feeling under the weather, a persistent cough and sniffling replacing his usual cheerful demeanor. He had stayed behind after volleyball practice, not wanting to burden his teammates with his illness.

Tsukishima, who had noticed Yamaguchi's pale complexion and tired eyes during practice, had a nagging feeling that something was wrong. As the other members of the team left one by one, Tsukishima hesitated, contemplating whether to stay or not. But with each passing moment, his worry grew, and he decided that he couldn't simply leave his best friend alone.

"Hey, Yamaguchi," Tsukishima called out softly, approaching the bleachers where Yamaguchi was seated.

Yamaguchi looked up, his red nose peaking out from under his scarf. "Tsukki? What are you still doing here?"

"I couldn't just leave you here," Tsukishima replied, sitting down next to him.

Yamaguchi's face flushed with gratefulness. "You didn't have to."

"I wanted to," Tsukishima said flatly. "You look terrible. Are you feeling okay?"

Yamaguchi chuckled weakly. "I'm fine, Tsukki. Just a small cold, that's all."

Tsukishima raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "A small cold? You looked like you could barely stand during practice."

Yamaguchi fidgeted, looking down at the ground. "I didn't want to bother anyone."

Tsukishima sighed, his usual sharp gaze softening. "You know you don't have to shoulder everything alone, right? We're a team, Yamaguchi."

Yamaguchi smiled weakly, his face pink from a mix of fever and embarrassment. "I know, Tsukki. I just… I didn't want to be a burden."

Tsukishima huffed, wrapping an arm around his friend's shoulder. "Well, tough luck, because I'm not leaving your side until you're feeling better."

Yamaguchi's eyes widened with surprise, but a warmth spread throughout his body. For once, he didn't have to ask for help—it was given willingly.

And so, Tsukishima stayed with Yamaguchi throughout the evening. He brewed hot tea for him, making sure Yamaguchi sipped it slowly to soothe his throat. He tucked him into bed and piled blankets on top of him to keep him warm. When Yamaguchi coughed, Tsukishima patted his back gently, offering words of comfort.

As the night went on, Tsukishima pulled up a chair beside Yamaguchi's bed, and they talked, about volleyball, about school, about everything and nothing at all. Their conversation was easy, filled with laughter and shared memories.

And as Yamaguchi drifted off to sleep, he felt a deep gratitude for his friend who had stayed by his side, caring for him in the quiet darkness. Tsukishima's presence was a balm, bringing him comfort and reassurance.

In that moment, Yamaguchi realized that Tsukishima's friendship was more than he had ever imagined. It was a gift, a foundation of support that would weather any storm.

As sleep pulled him closer, Yamaguchi murmured a soft "thank you," knowing that Tsukishima would hear it, even if he didn't respond.

---

511 Words