Jerry Gibson

Promoting universal access to quality education for children nationwide is an imperative endeavor. This noble pursuit relies on the unwavering commitment of dedicated teachers, administrators, and educators who devote their lives and careers to equipping students with the necessary resources and knowledge to thrive. Jerry Gibson, an esteemed educator and administrator, is a remarkable individual who has consistently delivered this invaluable education throughout his extensive and successful career in Texas.

From an early age, he felt a calling to pursue a career in education. Growing up in Texas, he witnessed firsthand the transformative impact that teachers could have on the lives of their peers and the broader community. After completing his high school education, Jerry enrolled in East Texas Baptist University, earning his bachelor's degree in 1993. Recognizing the importance of continual growth, he pursued further education and obtained a Master's degree in Education from Lamar University in 2002.

Driven by a relentless pursuit of knowledge and professional development, Gibson pursued a doctorate in Educational Leadership at the University of Houston. In 2015, he completed his doctoral studies, equipping himself with the educational foundation and essential skills required for his current leadership role. Throughout his academic journey, he had the privilege of connecting with aspiring educators and forging valuable professional and personal relationships within the education field across Texas and beyond.

Armed with his academic achievements, Jerry set out to secure a position as a teacher and coach within one of Texas' premier school districts. Through unwavering determination, he successfully found a role that allowed him to merge his passion for academics and athletics. Throughout his early career, Dr. Gibson embraced diverse roles, including teacher, head coach, athletic director, assistant principal, and ultimately, full-time principal. Through these multifaceted experiences, he discovered his true calling in school administration, recognizing its potential for enacting significant change within the local education system and his community.

A pivotal moment in his early career arrived in 2011 when he was appointed Executive Director of Secondary Education in the esteemed Waco Independent School District. In this influential role, he effectively oversaw the operations of nearly a dozen schools, catering to a student population exceeding 6,500. The Waco Independent School District, being one of Texas' larger districts, provided Dr. Gibson with a platform to make a lasting impact on a significant scale.

His unwavering dedication to education and tireless efforts to enhance students' lives have solidified his reputation as an exemplary figure within the field. His extensive experiences and enduring relationships have given him the wisdom and insights to emerge as a respected leader and advocate for quality education. Through his unwavering commitment, Jerry has become an instrumental force, reshaping the educational landscape in Texas and across the entire country.