Chapter 5: Him

It was about a week since I watched the sunset with Pierce, and we were hanging out a lot. Though, I do think that his 'fellow Daemos' were kinda jealous. I learned that their names were Asch, Rhys, Leif, (Which I already knew) and Noi. 

Whenever I was around them, they'd always try to impress me or make the others jealous. But their actions were useless; they already knew I was in love with Pierce. 

Leif and Asch seem to do it the most, while I'd say Noi was still mostly attached to Ava, which I was perfectly fine with. Ava seemed thankful that I was able to take care of Pierce for her. Weird that Leif showed any interest in me at all after what had happened but oh well.

I still had to pay my rent, but I still hadn't found a job. Pierce eventually started to notice how worried and stressed I was, but he always calmed me down with The Power of Headpats.

~*~

 As I was walking home from the park I visited to clear my head, my eyes at my feet, I suddenly heard a voice I'd never thought I'd hear again. 

"Hey N/N." 

Chris. 

I looked up in horror to see his scruffy maroon hair and piercing brown eyes. 

The girl - who I believed was named Tess - was there with Chris's arm slung around her shoulder. She had skin nicely tanned and chocolaty brown hair with some faint but noticeable blonde highlights. Her eyes were a hazel brown color and she was wearing jean shorts with an off-the-shoulder black T-shirt. 

Overall she seemed like a nice girl. But if she was dating Chris then I knew all hope was lost for her.

As I tried to walk around him, he whispered something in Tess's ear. She walked away when he was done talking.

"What's your problem, Chris? We're over," I snapped. His eyes squinted at me. "Do you know Tess at all?" I shook my head while crossing my arms. "She told me you attacked her," Chris said. My eyes widened. "I don't know her at all and I don't have a reason to attack her. Why would I?"

"Doesn't matter. If you think you can treat people like dirt and won't get treated the same way, think again." I took a step backward. "W-what do you mean?" 

Chris grabbed my wrist and slowly tightened his grip, hard enough to the point where tears brimmed my eyes. "I didn't do anything! Leave me alone!" I managed to choke out. Chris's eyes looked to be blood-shot with rage, and he raised his hand and slapped me across the face. 

No one was there to help me, unfortunately. I fell and felt the place he hit me. I felt a strong stinging sensation when I touched it. I shakily looked up to him with nothing but fear. 

I braced for impact and earned a hard kick to my side. "Leave her alone," I heard a deep voice say, immediately knowing who it was. 

Pierce. 

Chris scoffed. "Or what?" 

Pierce stepped in front of me, towering over Chris and I. "Don't lay another hand on her." I stood up and hid behind Pierce, clinging to his strong arm. Chris seemed to cower away, taking a step backwards. 

Realizing he'd lost, he took off running. Pierce turned around and crouched to look me in the eyes. "Did he hurt you?" 

I sniffled and nodded, pulling up my shirt to show off the nasty green, brown, and yellow bruise he left behind. I turned my head to show the mark on my face. Pierce sighed and stood up, reaching his hand for me to take. I gladly accepted it. "Come with me," He said. 

"I'll see what I can do..."  

Book two is on my page