Fern

A heartbeat was all she could hear as she was staggering through the woods trying to escape from Libra. She knew why she was being hunted but Fern had always thought she had more time to destroy them all. She always knew that Claris would be the one to break free of the mind games and curses she had cases upon the other guardians.

She let out a strangled scream as she tripped over a tree root and rolled across the pine-covered ground. Groaning she struggled to get up on her feet, golden blood seeping through her clothes. She had deformed a while ago but her wounds refused to heal not only that she couldn't summon kitsuna or find the mask.

"Damn you libra you knew I would bring her with me."

It wasn't the fact she knew Fern would bring Kitsuna with her, it was the fact that they knew the Gemini guardian was weaker without the second half of the sign. Leaning against a tree she looked up with slight hope in her eyes.

"1180, I can flag someone down and force them to take me somewhere." She smiled a sadistic smile as she trudged her way to the road.

"Gemini"

Fern stopped and glanced over her shoulder at the tall silhouette that stood on slightly higher ground. 

A katana flashed slightly in the moonlight seeping in through the treetops.

"How lovely of you to finally catch up to me Libra. Did you have trouble navigating the pines?" Fern was met with silence. "Forgive me for my ignorance I forget that in Russia you took a half-assed vow of silence since your stupid fucking queen died. That was two and half centuries ago."

Fern's body felt like it was starting to be ripped in two as she taunted the Time Guardian. She grabbed her side as it oozes more blood. Without a second thought, she turned for the road and ran. Her thoughts of freedom and escape filled her mind as she stepped onto the pavement.

Time seemed to slow for her as she looked up to see headlights mere inches away from her. She smiled slightly as she felt the full force of the car hit her as she ended up falling and going under it. The tires and heavy vehicle were enough to make her ribs crack and break, to pop her legs as if they were nothing more than bubble wrap. She could barely hear the tires screeching to a stop as she lay there struggling to breathe.

From the tree lines, Claris watched and waited for the moment to come to retrieve the Gemini Guardian. She would have to find someone to take Fern's place. It wouldn't be an easy task but one that needed to be done nonetheless.

The vehicle's door swung open in a hurry as a woman exited the vehicle. Panic and fear were written all over her face as she rushed to Fern's side.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't see you! Ma'am, please answer me are you okay?"

Fern's eyes tried to refocus as her head was lifted up on places on someone's lap.

"It's funny, I'm not feeling the healing effects. My child," she paused for a moment struggling to find the words and to breathe. "What is your star sign?"

The woman in all of her panic looked confused for a moment.

"I- I fail to see why that's important right now! And what do you mean healing effects!? I hit you with my car going fucking 60 how are you not completely dead?!"

Fern scowled slightly as she reached up with a shaky hand and touched the woman's face.

"The answer to my question is all I want"

The woman swallowed the lump in her throat as she touched her hand to Ferns. "I'm a Gemini ma'am. Born May 31st"

Fern let out a slight chuckle as she groaned. Small flecks of golden light start to rise from her body and fade away.

"The only way to kill a Guardian. Is for your star signs to match. My lucky night huh." She let out a rough cough as the golden blood crept its way out the corner of her mouth. "Don't let them take you. I've corrupted them a good bit."

The woman looked down at her confused about the whole situation. The golden lights, the gold blood, the words coming from a dying woman's mouth, and the strange feeling of being watched from the woods. "What are you?"

In her last and final breath, Fern looked the stranger in the eyes as she disappeared.

"A god"