𝟸. 𝟷𝟻

           Marcus was sitting on his throne with a bored expression as he sighed softly

Marcus was sitting on his throne with a bored expression as he sighed softly. His brothers had begun to distance themselves from each other after finding out their mate was dead, even though Marcus told them the bond had brightened back to gray once more.

              Aro was quick to judge people guilty while Caius was quick to rip the heads off those deemed guilty. And Marcus... Well he was just tired constantly. He wished to have his mate finally in his arms and with everyday it just got harder and harder for him.

               He had his brothers before to help him, distract him, but now they hardly talk to him let alone each other if it doesn't have to do with court matters.

              Marcus sat up a little when he heard footsteps leading up to the throne room and one heartbeat. The beat of the heart was peculiar, too slow for a human, but still it beat so it wasn't a vampire. He furrowed his brows but stayed silent as he watched Jane throw open the doors and lead a group into the room.

               His eyes roamed the small group of people before they landed on a small girl, and his breath was caught in his throat. She was perfect.

               Marcus couldn't take his eyes off the short human girl. He took in her small plump figure that he just wanted to wrap my arms around and hold onto forever.

              He wanted to kiss every stretch mark he knew would line her thighs and tummy. He wanted to run his fingers through her short hair that was being kept under her hat. He wanted to run his cold hands down her back, giving her a soft massage that he knew she needed by how tense her shoulders were.

              He wanted to hold her delicate face as he kiss her soft and plump lips. He wanted to tell her how he loved her toxic green eyes that seemed to hold him in place.

            He wanted to count every freckle that dotted her soft face, wanted to worship every beauty mark that tainted her pure skin. He wanted to lay his head on her thighs and let her fingers run through his hair as she took all his worries away.