15. Chess Match

Nayeon steps out from her bathroom in a night robe with a towel wrapped all over her head. She walks to her nightstand and picks up her phone, consecutively sitting on the side of her bed.

"Hmm?" She scrunches her eyebrows after seeing multiple message notifications from an unknown number. She quickly unlocks her mobile device to browse through the five messages she received.

'Hello, Nayeon-ah. Have you gotten home already?'

'Sorry. That might have creeped you out. I sounded like a stalker, right?'

'Sorry again. I'm really sorry! Why did I not introduce myself first?! Where are my messaging manners?! LOL Please don't hate me. This is Yoo Jeongyeon! :)'

'Anyway, again. Are you home already? I know it has just been almost an hour when we both left from the coffee shop and I know it might sound too clingy but I'm worried if you got home safely. I know that Mina drives super safe but I just want to double check with you.'

'Do I sound like a worrywart mom? Please don't hate me.'

"Wow." Nayeon blinks her eyes unbelievably at the texts she just read one after another. She stares at her screen's device some more to end up smiling to herself. Then, she began tapping on her phone to compose a reply with a playful smirk.

'Sorry for the late reply. I literally just stepped out of my bath. I'm all safe and sound, Jeongyeon-ah. Mina delivered me safely to my house. Thank you for the concern! :)'

The shop owner then tosses her phone to the center of her bed as she stands up and moves in front of her vanity table. She just oddly stares at her face for a second and then smiles again. "In all fairness, all his deeds shout playboy things but he really is something. I'll give him that."

*********

Jeongyeon was lying on his bed with his eyes closed when he felt a body lay beside him. Without opening his eyes, he just smiles and mumbles. "You're early, babe."

Then, a pair of lips land on his cheeks as a feminine voice breaths onto his cheek. "I missed you."

He giggles and slowly flutters his eyes to look into the girl's direction. "I missed you too. I never saw you in like—" He playfully squints. "In like... three days?"

The girl's sweet chuckle is heard. "That's too long already?"

"It is!" Jeongyeon pouts and whines as he carefully pulls the other body to snuggle closer to him. He places a short kiss onto the girl's temple. "You should never leave the house again, Momo. I don't like it when you're away. It's like my whole world is incomplete without you by my side."

"You're overreacting." She flashes him an apologetic smile. "And I'm really sorry that these conventions tend to get longer and more frequent these days. I had to attend all of these for my teaching credits. You— you know that, right?"

"Hey—" He shakes his head and then quickly pecks her lips. "It's fine, babe. Really, I understand. And I will always support you with everything you have to do. I promise that I will always be here for you." He gently cups one of the girl's cheeks. "I will always be here waiting for you so always come home to me the soonest you can, okay?"

Momo just chuckles and simply nods in response.

Jeongyeon was about to pull her into a kiss but the girl abruptly looked away, immediately changing the man's expression into something worried. "Babe, is something wrong?"

"So— Sorry, Jeong." She shortly exhales. "I—I think I'm tired. Can we... can we just rest and sleep all day?"

He then flashes a sincere smile at her. "Sure, babe. No problem." He leans to briefly kiss her forehead. "I love you, Momo. So much. Always."