[1.] The Stage

"Seriously, were you successful in talking with God this time?"

Scarlet huffed,

"No," she responded simply, "...not sense last time, which was a couple of weeks ago. He's been silent since then."

"Well, that's not strange for them."

Azrael's words were blunt but also true. God would not speak to them for weeks at a time for whatever reason, rather if something made them angry or simply because.

"What are you thinking about," Azrael asked, breaking the silence, "I can tell that you want to ask me something."

Azrael was right yet again. For the moment of silence she couldn't help to wonder about Satan; or where he is, for that matter.

"Do you know anything about Satan's whereabouts?"

"Huh! Oh...," Azrael pauses, sounding rather disappointed, "well, I can't tell you that!"

"Of course you can't, you never tell me anything!"

Scarlet turns to leave, but Azrael insisted,

"w-wait, but if you find out on your own, then that should be ok!"

She turned to Azrael, who smiled sheepishly.

"Would you know where the Twilight Catacombs are," Scarlet crossed her arms, "that's the only lead I have right now...-"

"God told you that...?!"

Azrael cleared his throat.

"...Yes, but um," he hesitated, "why do you want to go looking for him? I mean, he could be dangerous."

"I wish I knew," Scarlet lied, "somethings not right here. I need to know what's going on with Satan."

He knew that she was lying. It wasn't due to his "clairvoyance" but rather a gut feeling he had. He didn't know what, but she was leaving something out.

He ultimately decided to keep quiet about it, but to himself, he would poke holes until he found out.

Azrael huffed before answering, "Fine, I'll take you."

From that spot they left. Scarlet first thought they were walking into a random direction, but soon, that thought faded when the glorious curtain of heaven did into something darker.

Like, literally faded. Like an oil painting that had faded over time, but accelerated tenfold.

"I hope you're not afraid of the dark! Ahaha..," Azrael attempted to lighten the mood.

"Of course I'm not! I'm not fucking 12," she remarked, "Just take me to Satan."

She looked around her to find it was like walking in a long tunnel. It was dark, and rocky, and midly treacherous. It was often that they had to step over sharp rocks, or dodge falling ones.

In honesty, Scarlet felt like the whole structure of this place could fall apart at any moment now.

It all ended when the reached this blocked-off place, and before they entered, Azrael faced Scarlet,

"Scarlet," he started, "you might want to prepare yourself for what you're about to see."