𝐎𝐍𝐄.

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟑𝟎𝐓𝐇

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I laugh at kenny's verse as i take a drag from the sativa blunt between my fingers. i'm currently in the studio with my brother kendrick, and close friend victoria monét. we decided to work on just anything, and then dip at around 3pm to get ready for the VMA show.

While we wait for any other spontaneous thoughts to come into action, i continue smoking while messing with the sound board.

I leave the board for a second to grab my lyric book and read over a couple different pages i have bookmarked at the top.

"you got anything over there?" kenny questions me.

"i got a little, just not sure what to start on."

I've secretly been working on my own songs and writing, i just haven't been sure about releasing them through me, i normally sell my own writing to other artists instead.

"it's too fuckin quiet in here man i need to play somethin" i hear from kendrick on the other side of the room. swear this nigga can't stand being in a quiet space with his thought for 3 seconds... "well does anyone have any ideas before i get up out of here?" i question the two.

Vic looks like a light bulb appeared over her head as she looks at me, "i have something but i don't have a melody for it or anything, it's days fresh if i'm being completely honest" she states as i start lighting the second blunt of our session.

"let me know what you got then, i'm sure i can whip something up for you real quick" i say sitting back down at the sound board.

She gets up and brings another chair over to accompany mine, and sits in it with her notes app opened.

she hands me the phone and as i start to read over the lyrics, i notice she started to inch her chair a little closer to mine... i scan over what she has quicker so i could move on from this uncomfortable moment.

"Is this all you have? or did you maybe get stuck?" i ask since the lyrics had been cut off at an odd spot. "i did get stuck and i still haven't been able to figure out what's missing, i know the goal of the song and what i want it to mean i just don't know what to add" she mentions conflictingly.

i look at the clock displaying the time, seeing it says 2:48pm.

"i can put together the beginning of a melody for you, but we should get ready to pack up" i say turning around to catch the girl's eyes raking up and down my 6'2 frame. is she checking me out or what? way to be subtle about it.

I almost let out a snort at her next remark, "i have the perfect girl for you!" my eyebrows furrow at the ecstatic girl, "the hell is your crazy ass talkin about? all this time we've been friends and you're JUST now saying this?"

"It never clicked in my head until now, and you're the perfect match for someone i know. not to mention you're lonely as fuck..." damn she on point. was it really that obvious?

"ian really interested in doing anything right now, kind of been focused on work you feel me?"

"you need to stop being a damn workaholic and get a boo. don't worry i got you baby" she pushes with a wink.

this girl ain't gonna let it go i can already feel it.

i finish putting the beginning melody and we leave the building. i book it home in my mercedes AMG GT

 i book it home in my mercedes AMG GT