Chapter 2

Y/n POV: 

I am sitting next to my dad, and Maxine is on the other side of me, but Marcus is across from me, smiling at me like I'm the only person sitting at the table. 

I have been mostly quiet and eating my food that's on my plate while the adults make small talk. 

"Y/n, how are you feeling hun? I'm happy to be going back to school?" Helen asked.

I looked at her and nodded. "I am. I just don't want to be treated like I'll break at any time. I'm still the same person, perhaps more independent." I said.

Helen smiled and nodded. I went back to my food, I saw from the corner of my eye Maxine quickly taking her phone out and messaging someone, must be Norah. 

I looked at Marcus and saw that he was smirking yet smiling. I could tell that was his "I am proud of you" smirk/smile. 

I rolled my eyes at him and took my phone out. I was looking through instagram and saw multiple DMs and new followers from people.

Damn, what did I miss on? Did something happen? 

I was looking through what was going on until I looked at a message from someone saying. 
"Why would you let her do this?" with an image saying,"She's single now. This is her @Y/nPumpkin" 

I looked at Maxine and glared at her. No wonder why I have all these DMs and followers from people I don't know. 

I sighed and put my phone down. I eat the last piece of food on my plate only for my dad to add a bit more food on my plate. 

I look at them with an "Are you serious?" Face. I shook my head and ate the food and got up from my chair. 

"Oh no. Y/n. I can put your plate in the sink. Go ahead and go to the living room." Helen said, only for me to nod at her. 

I grabbed my crutches and went to the living room. I sat on the couch and laid my back against it. I let out a sigh, and I closed my eyes. 

I felt the seat next to me dip a bit. I didn't bother to look at the person who sat down next to me because I know that it's Marcus. 

He always does this. I don't know why. He just does. All I know is that during our relationship, I found comfort into it. 

Now that I think about it. Sometimes, it's good to let go of the things and go with whatever is coming up next. 

Maybe the mistakes Marcus has done were for a reason. 

Maybe I should go with my dad when he decides to go back to traveling for work. I can be schooled online.

I was just thinking to myself at this point.

"What are you smiling about, huh?" Marcus said.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. I didn't know I was smiling, but the smile dropped when he mentioned it. 

I rolled my eyes, took my earbuds out, and put them on. I started playing music, just so I could ignore him. 

I felt someone take out an earbud from my ear. I looked at who it was, and it was Marcus. 

"What?" I said.

"Don't ignore me." He said.

"I'm just thinking, okay." I said.

"About what?" He asked.

"Nothing too important towards you." I replied.

"Mmm. Alright." He said.