Chapter 2-Confessions Part 1

The next two weeks are a nightmare. I have to give another statement at the police station. When I got home, Maria and I started packing my apartment and shipping everything to my halmeoni. I avoid Yoongi at all costs. But loses his patience gets pissed. When I keep dodging his calls, he bombards me with texts. Then, when I refuse to do a video call, something I've NEVER done, he calls me and demands to know what's going on. I haven't spoken to him since he exploded on me. That was a week ago. Now, he won't answer my calls or texts.

Hobi keeps reassuring me that everything wiill be okay and that I will be there soon. The day comes for me to leave, and I dread the long flight. Just before landing, I change my clothes and freshen up. I still need to get comfortable wearing fitted clothes, so I opt for baggy black linen overalls and a cream-colored shirt underneath. Changing in an airplane bathroom is a challenge. Since I shipped most of my belongings, I only have my carry-on and one large suitcase. As I head to baggage claim, I spot a man in a suit holding a sign with my name on it. Slick, Hobi. Very slick.

Once I collect my suitcase, we head to Hybe. Hobi has arranged a visitor badge for me and someone to show me to the dance practice so I can surprise him. His birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I wanted to be here so we could have the whole day. Hobi coordinated with their manager to clear Yoongi's schedule.

I enter the lobby and approach the reception desk. The woman behind the desk looks utterly bored.

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Woo Isabel."

The receptionist perks up and hands me the visitor badge. She tells me that I can leave my luggage with security so I don't have to carry it around and then asks me to follow her. The elevator ride is short, and we walk halfway down the hallway before stopping in front of a door. She points to it, and I bow to her in thanks. The door has a small window, and I stand on my tiptoes to see through it. They're practicing with their backs to me.

I sneak in and lean against the wall beside, trying not to draw attention. Yoongi always looks so good. His hair has been black for a while, but he has had a new haircut since our last video call. His hair is still long, but he has an undercut. I do love an undercut, especially on him. The song ends, and they take a moment to catch their breath before moving to the corner of the room to watch the playback. 

They are all hunched over a laptop, their backs still to me

They are all hunched over a laptop, their backs still to me. I creep over, staying just out of sight.

"Yoongi hyung, you are like one beat behind," Hobi says.

"Yeah, I mean, pick up the pace, old man," I chime in from beside him.

Yoongi spins around, his face a mix of shock and disbelief.

"Iz?" He says, still stunned

"Even though you've been an ass, did you really think I'd miss your birthday?"

He hugs me tightly, and I wince, still tender from my injuries. The emotions from the past few weeks overwhelm me, and I start to cry. He pulls back when he hears me sob.