chapter 1

Dear Diary,

It's the start of the new year and this year is going to be a banger and I'll make sure of it. I'll make sure to climb the success ladder and make full use of all the available resources. These topics aside you know there is a piece of good news too... I'm selected for the dance performance at happening at the Four Seasons I'm so excited. I'll tell you what happened until then bye.
Xoxo, Viddhi

"Viddhi beta kaha ho? Jaldi auo sab aapka intezar kar rahe hai."
I jumped out of my bed and hid my diary in my closet and ran downstairs. So I'm Viddhi Singh, the only daughter of the Singh family. My father is the king and he rules the area nothing is possible without his permission. My mother used to work before marriage but when she got married to my father she just stopped it. I still wonder why she did that. I even once asked her and she replied "Beta tum nhi samjho gi, tum bahut choti ho."
( My child you won't understand you're too small)
Then I stopped asking questions to her. She is a very sweet and caring person. Even in her late 40s she still looks very young. She is the epitome of beauty and I can see that in my father's eye the way he looks at her. My father is a man of few words. To him, time is very important and he doesn't waste his time but even being so busy with all the royal family duties he still finds time for us, and it's so heartwarming to have such beautiful and understanding parents. After my 12th I scored decent marks and got admission to the university but my heart was always somewhere else I wanted to pursue dance. Being in the royal family I know I was not allowed to pursue dance as a career but I put on all the shastras I had I managed to change their decision.
I managed to reach the dining hall and found my father and mother having a deep conversation with my cousins. Did I tell you how much I love my cousins? I have 3 brothers and I'm the youngest sibling. Aarav bhai and Arnav bhai are twins. Arnav bhai is elder than Aarav bhai for 30 mins but Aarav bhai never calls him bhai. Anyways kunal bhai is younger than them. Kunal and I are nearly the same age but sometimes which is mostly I don't call him bhai cause he irritates me a lot. On seeing me arriving they all stopped talking and smiled at me. I asked no one in general "Why you people are smiling like that? Kya kicchdi pakka rahe ho aap log?" Kunal laughed and replied "Nothing. We were just discussing how clumsy you are?" I gave him my weird smile and said to my aunt who was coming from the kitchen when my uncle behind him spoke on the phone "Aunt see Kunal always makes fun of me." My aunt smiled and pulled Kunal's ear don't make fun of her. My aunt never saw a difference between her children and me. She always treated all of us equally. I can bet she loves me more than her children. Everyone sat at the dining table and we prayed to god for everything we were given for and then started eating. I looked towards my uncle and asked "Uncle can you please drop me to college early tomorrow I've classes and then I have a dance performance in the evening I hope to see you all. It would mean a lot to me if you guys can come." Uncle put his spoon down and said " Ya sure and of course we all will come to watch you." I happily completed my dinner and bided everyone good night and was going back to my room. Kunal was behind me as we lived on the same floor. Our parents lived on the 1st floor, the twins on the 2nd. We lived on the 3rd floor. I opened the door to my room I was going to close it when Kunal came inside and said "Don't think too much Vidz it's gonna be amazing we all know how hard you worked for this. So go sleep well as tomorrow we will see you shine." I smiled, my dimples showing. Never have I ever thought Kunal will be so good at comforting me. I gave him a side hug & thanked him. He left the room and I closed the door. I jumped on my fluffy bed and went into how I slept so fast I don't know.

The next day, I woke up and freshened up my maid helped me to get ready. My hair was still not dry and I didn't have enough time to blow-dry it so I left it open. I packed my costume and other essentials in my bag. When Aarav bhai saw me not skipping breakfast running towards the door he came and handed me a glass of grape juice. He knows me how much I love purple drinks or purple in general. He even gave me lunch and told me if I won't finish it next time even if I get late he won't let me leave the house without having food. I promised him I will complete it. He brushed his hand on my head and said " All the best Champ will see you in the event." I blushed and gave him a nod. I left with my Uncle and finally reached the University. After spending all the morning in the university studying I was very tired but not still had enough energy for the dance performance. I got ready. I braided my hair and wore my suit. It fitted beautifully to the curves of my body. Since I'm not a tall person I got a dance position in front. I always admired my tall friends but anyways I'm happy with what I've. I admired myself one last time noticing every detail. How my round face looks beautiful with all this jewelry. I went to the corridor looking for my dance partner when all of a sudden I ran into a guy. He crashed into me making me fall. I end up hitting the table and falling. The guy was so rude he didn't help me instead stood up and was going as if I was invisible to him. I somehow managed to stand and shouted at him which got me his attention. I said trying to balance myself " Are you crazy? I can't say you are blind because that would be an insult to blind people. Also don't you have any manners to help people when you are the reason this happened?" He looked me into my eyes and saw for a sec and said " I see you perfectly fine and you can walk. Also, I'm not the cause of the problem you are the clumsy person who doesn't see where she is walking. Now if you are done I've to be somewhere so kindly excuse me." By saying that he went off. I was paranoid about how in the hell that guy dared to talk to me like that. I should have punched him in the face. After navigating through the door I finally found my dance partner, seeing me who is always bubbly and smiling in a not good mood she asked me what happened and I told him in brief he said not to worry and we went on stage to perform. I tried my best till the end of the performance but I could also feel there were a few postures in which I didn't give it up to the mark because of all the pain in my body. As the performance ended too my shook everyone was happy but not me. I still could have done better when I saw the judge it was none other than the uncivilized man. Seeing him with a smile on his face made my blood boil. All I want is to scratch that smile out of him. If things don't go all well today after what happened I don't take responsibility if I do something to his smiling face.

Dear Diary

Yesterday was the day which was supposed to be amazing and a day to remember but it didn't turn out that way. I would like to blame this all on the guy I accidentally met. So after my dance performance, all the contestants were called on the stage and we won the 2nd position. I know I should be happy but I wanted to be first. My dance partner was happy with the results but the reason I wanted to be first was that if I would have won then I would go to New York for learning ballet. I always wanted to learn ballet. My father and the rest of the family members were really happy with everything anyways they didn't want me to go abroad. I was just hoping that maybe after this when the university would have approved of me to go as the selected student of their college they would agree. I was so sad that I drank 4 cans of beer. I didn't let anyone know about my drinking. It is not very decent of me to drink but I've seen Aarav and Arnav Bhai drinking during parties and meetings. I've never seen them lose control even being drunk. I blackmailed Kunal to get the beer and he said he won't tell anyone. Kunal sometimes is a good secret keeper. He was there when I was drinking, he waited till I went to sleep and then he went back to his room. One more year I've to go to university then I'll try to get out of Udaipur if god grants my wish. I told Kunal what happened he told me that guy was from Udaipur. He was also from royalty and his family rules Jaipur. The next morning when I woke up I didn't have college so I took a rest. I saw myself in the mirror there was no mark but little pain in my back so put some pain relief spray. I did some research on the rude guy. It turned out his name is Varun Singhania. His father is the head of the Singhania family. His father is alive but doesn't participate a lot in the business. His son has some restaurants, hotels, and companies. Varun is the CEO of Singhania Limited and apparently, their hotels are in partnership with impressive people. I know this because our family is also in some similar kind of business. His mom doesn't live with them as their parents divorced when he and his little sister were small. The hotel at which our dance performance was organized is owned by the Singhania group. After reading a lot my anger was coming back and I don't want to do something stupid so I stopped looking into it anymore. But let me know if I get a chance to take revenge on him I would gladly.
                                                                        Xoxo Viddhi

It's almost one week after the dance performance and I think I went back to my life back again still angry but working hard for everything else. Today went to my father's office and he called me and said " Beta aap jab Ghar pahuch jao toh mere office aa jaye ga. Kuch baat karni hai". I knocked on the door and his voice from inside came " come". I went inside and sat on the sofa near his table he stood up from his chair and he put some papers in front of me I looked at the paper and then at home. I asked "Papa yeh kya hai?" He cleared his voice and the door of the voice opened and Arnav Bhai entered. I gave him a nod to greet him. He nodded back. My father said to Bhai "Son sit we have a few things to discuss." He sat opposite me and my father continued " Viddhi beta, there is an annual party that is organized and all the royal families have to attend it. I want you to come to that party with Arnav. I told him with the neutral expression "Dad you know I don't like parties. Can't you and mom go instead or Bhai could take someone else with him or he could go alone ". My father must have seen this coming he smiled and said "I know beta but there are few dance professionals who will be present I thought this may be your chance to impress them. You only said that you wanted to go abroad to pursue ballet right? Didn't you?" I gave him my genuine smile and nodded. He smiled and said " So use this opportunity wisely " I jumped on my feet happily and hugged him. He patted my back, looked at Bhai said "See everything going perfectly and don't leave your sister's side unless necessary. Also, take Aarav with you I'll see any good escort for him.
Arnav Bhai said "We both can go with Viddhi, if that's not a problem. " My father agreed. Dad looked at me and said Arnav will tell you the rest of the important things, all the do's and don't. Also, that paper I gave you it's a little detail on the people you have to impress and the rest you are smart enough to do. We left the room and Bhai said while going back to the room "I'll ask my secretary to get some outfits for you by tomorrow, if you don't like any of them then we can go to the shop and buy them. I grinned and he stared at me and said "Don't make that face princess you look cringe". I slapped his arm and he laughed and shook his head and said "Tumhara kuch nhi ho sakta".