Chapter 1

Jacks POV

I was with Rose in one of the boats. We had somehow managed to survive, I was wrapped in blankets but the cold air still felt like knives digging into my skin. I looked  up and noticed there was another cruise ship in front of us called "Carpathia." They got all the passengers on board and we started to sail away to New York.

Me and Rose were talking about New York, we were both extremely excited to finally get to America.

I still couldn't believe I survived that whole shipwreck. I was even more excited because I get to spend time with my best friend in New York. Me and Rose decided that it wasn't meant to be and we are just friends now.

3 days later

I wake up and realize we have docked at New York. Me and Rose get off the ship and start to walk around the city.

We don't know what to do we lost all of our money, clothes, and other items when the ship sunk. We decide to go to the park and discuss what we are going to do.

"So what should we do we don't have anything" I say to Rose. She shrugs and makes a face like she is thinking. "Maybe there is a homeless shelter or something nearby" I say. Rose makes a face like she's not too fond of that idea.

"Maybe we can find someone to take us in" she says clearly wanting a new plan. "I doubt it" I say and she frowns.

That night

Me and rose have been in the park all day and it's starting to get dark. I'm worried, we have no food, shelter, or even clothes. Just as we seemed to have no hope a guy came up to us.

"Are you lost, you know the park is closing in a few minutes" He says to us. Me and Rose look up at him. I'm about to say something but then Rose speaks up "we have no place to stay, we lost everything in the titanic shipwreck."  His eyes widen like he knew about the ship. "Oh yes I've heard a lot about that...you know on the news."

I start to speak "Yeah well we should probably get going if the park is closing soon...thanks for telling us though." Me and Rose start to get up and walk away but then the guy stops us.

"Hey you know if you want you could stay at my place just until you find somewhere or get jobs or something." "Really!?" I say excited. "Yeah sure" he responds. Me and Rose look at each other excited like we had finally found hope. "Yes we'd love to" Rose says to him. "Alright" he says.

We get into his car and he starts to drive us to his place. "So where do you live" Rose says curiously. "I live inside a penthouse" he says. I'm surprised that this guy is rich enough to live inside a penthouse but I don't say anything. We arrive at the building and go up to the top floor which is where his house is.

"So what's your names." "I'm Rose and he's Jack" Rose responds. I look at him curious "what's your name" I ask him. "It's Y/N" he says.

"Let me show you to my guest rooms." Y/N says to us. He leads Rose to a room on the right of the upstairs hallway and tells her there are some clothes in the dresser that were his sisters.

He then leads me to another room on the left of the hallway and brings me some of his clothes to wear.  After that he leaves and I go to sleep.