Ch 1

If Isa hated something in the whole world more than anything, it was being late. Usually, she's someone who's punctual. More often than not she would be there a few minutes earlier than the arranged time. Better safe than sorry.

Unfortunately for Isa luck has not been on her side the whole week. Waking up later than expected only because her trusty alarm clock refused to work. She was planning on buying a new one once the third morning hit, waking up only to realize she was going to be late, again. Her boss will probably decapitate her, putting her head on a stick for every employee to see in the coffee shop. Serving as a warning for not arriving on time. Okay, maybe her boss won't go all Lord-of-the-Flies on her, but he sure knew how to scare his employees.

But it was not her fault for her lateness, rather that stupid alarm clock. For the past few days her alarm clock has been acting strange, waking her an hour later than she's supposed to. Although there's nothing she can do now except to accept the consequences that her unreliable alarm clock brought. All she could do now was stare at it in disdain and growl at it, "stupid clock".

Isa swears she checks every night to make sure she wakes up at the right hour, that alarm clock seemed to have a mind of its own!

It feels like the universe is trying to tell her something. Does the universe hate her? Is the universe trying to get back at her? Is this karma? If so, this is really rude of her.

Though it's true what they say about karma being a bitch, this bitch was taking it too far if it involved her job, which was the only thing supporting her at the moment.

_________________________________________________________

Isa continued on whining about her ungrateful morning while walking down the streets of New York. She was about to cross a street when something caught her eye. Well, more like someone.

On the other side of the street was a young guy who was trying to cross onto her side of the street. The only problem was that cars were still coming and it didn't look like they were about to stop for some idiot who decided to cross a busy street. The beeping horns and shouts of oncoming new-yorkers didn't seem to faze him.

Was this idiot that oblivious or was he trying to get himself killed? Realization set in and Isa knew this guy was hoping for the latter. She also knew she had to do something.

Isa looked up at the sky whispering to herself, "Oh god, I'm gonna be so late".

Her eyes settled back onto the idiot of a man, a malice forming on her face " you owe me big time".

She shook herself a bit before darting across the street, horns and tire screeches heard behind her. Quickly reaching him she threw her small body onto the man, landing on the other side on the sidewalk. Both laid on their backs catching their breath.

It's short lived once Isa remembers where she needs to be.

"Shit", she scrambles to her feet and looks to the guy next to her. "you okay?"

The guy looks in her direction, now sitting with an annoyed expression on his face, "you interrupted me" he grumbles.

Isa is taken aback, she really did not expect that response from him. It annoyed her a bit and mixing with her unpleasant morning just added to her irritation.

" A thank you is what I'm hoping to hear, you ungrateful idiot" Isa looks at his face, anger setting in. "Whatever, I need to go. Don't do that again", Isa swiftly turns her back and continues on her way. Silently grumbling about lateness and an idiot.

Calev sits there a while longer, contemplating if he should scream at her or something. He decides to stand up, using the cane as support.

Well, that was a failed attempt, he thought. He was not upset as he thought he would be. It was actually quite an amusing morning due to his mystery savior. Calev adjusted his glasses before tapping away with his cane, continuing to walk down the sidewalk.