01

Jay's POV

My alarm had gone off this morning; it was 7 am, and I had to get ready for school. I took a quick shower and dried myself when I got out. The doorbell had rung, and it was Raven. She and I always went to school together since I drove her to school every day. It has been like that since we started to drive in our sophomore year of high school.

"Come in!" I yelled from up the stairs. Raven walked in the house as well as her sister Serenity. My mother always left the door open because they come in every morning, and even on weekends. I went into my room to go put on some clothing. While I was looking through the clothing I had in the drawers, I chose a tank top and a pair of ripped skinnies with a pair of long nike socks and slides. I came downstairs with a blow dryer in my one hand because I was in a rush as per usual. Honestly, I didn't care much for being late to school; I was the class genius or so everyone had said in my class. With this in my stead, I got every benefit of the class as well as in. I went into the kitchen to blow dry my hair. I had long hair which was down to the middle of my back with curls everywhere. My hair color was mahogany brown.

"Good morning, Serenity and Raven." I spoke. I smiled as I greeted them. Serenity was always staring at my eyes.

"They are sooooooooo BLUE!" She said. I smiled to which you can see the dents of my dimples in my cheeks. I was gay and these two were the only two people to know that I was gay and that I even existed. Raven walked around the house. She stopped at a family portrait.

"Jayden, who is this?" She asked. I walked to the picture. I looked at the portrait that she was looking at. She probably is talking about my brother.

"He looks oddly familiar, you know." She replied.

"Well, he is my twin. His name is Blake. Our parents split up when we were born. I stood with my mom while dad took in Blake. I don't think you have physically met him though." I said.

I walked away to finish styling my hair. When I finished my hair, it was a little after 7:30 am. We left the house and got into the car; I sat in the driver's seat while the other two sat in the back gossiping about the newest guy in school or how some bullies are. I knew who the two were talking about and I felt bad for Kasey. He was one of the few other gay students in school, and he is always getting bullied in school. Sometimes I wish I could stop it but I ---

"Watch out!!" Serii's voice rang. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned the wheel, but I wasn't fast enough. I took a deep breath and tried to regain control again but all I could do was yell.

"Go to one side now!"

Raven and her sister went to the other side where the car would not have been affected. However, my side was hit. On impact my body was moved towards the door and collided with it. My head, however, had hit the steering wheel which had caused a lot of blood to come out from the side of my ear. My vision began to become hazy, and I slowly drifted to sleep with blood everywhere.

What I had thought was a couple of hours became several weeks. I couldn't open my eyes at that time but I heard beeping every so often and people entering the room and were either crying or talking in hushed voices. Hours still became days and days became more weeks. I had eventually regained the strength to open my eyes again. I let my eyes refocus before looking around. I had wires attached to my hand. I also had oxygen wires in my nose. What happened to me? I tried moving but my legs would not move not even a little. I tried to move my hands to what felt like I was grabbing the blanket and struggled to lift the blanket. Once I lifted it a little bit, I saw that my leg had some type of wrap around it. All I felt was pain. I took another look around. It was a white room. The sounds of an alarm went off and people went to my bed... First a woman and two males; who were these people.

"Ah you are awake Mr. Taylor. How do you feel?"

"Who are you?" I asked. "What is going on here? Who am I?" I could barely speak; my voice came out very strained and hoarse as if it's been years since I talked.

"My name is Dr. Cardova and your name is Jayden Taylor. I am going to be frank here, Jayden, you were in a bad accident. You're even lucky to be alive." He spoke gently.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Columbia Presbyterian Hospital." The doctor said.

"What type of accident was I in?" I asked.

"A car accident." He replied.

"A car accident?" I said softly. Was I really in one? "So how am I alive if I was in an accident?"

"We believe that you were rescued in time before anything serious could have gotten any worse." The doctor said.

"Who rescued me?" I asked. The doctor took a breath.

"I am not too sure. All I know is that someone called and then the EMT's rushed you here." He spoke.

"So what happens now?" I asked.

"Well we have to keep you in observation until we deem that it is safe for you to go back home." He said.