part 1

Harry

31st December 2021

New Years Eve. Possibly my least favourite day of the year.

Everyone celebrating what's to come in the future, everyone making goals for themselves and looking forward to a new and improved them. Not me.

It was just another day with too many people around me.

Niall had convinced me to go out with him tonight. I hadn't been out on new years eve in a few years and I quite honestly didn't want to go tonight either.

"Cheer up mate, maybe you'll get laid and get your head out your ass." Niall bounced around my apartment, absolutely buzzing to go out.

He was probably already drunk, even less tolerable than sober Niall.

"I just want to stay at home with Orla." I reminded him for what seemed like the 100th time today.

"Well Orla isn't here, so you're stuck with me."

I groaned. I didn't want to go out.

I was really hoping no one would see me out and I wouldn't get papped. I didn't want that tonight.

"Here, drink this." Niall handed me a shot of clear liquid. If this was straight vodka I'd kill him.

"No, no shots."

"Drink the fucking shot." He argued.

Fine. I threw it back, the liquid burned my throat. Straight vodka. "That's it, I'm not going."

"What why?" He pouted like a 3 year old who couldn't get their own way.

"You've just given me vodka."

"And?" He said.

"I don't like it."

"No one likes shots, you just drink them." Niall argued.

"Fuck off."

"Come on, our taxis here." He said, and I followed.

We got in the taxi and Niall gave him directions to the club we were going to.

We pulled up outside and Niall paid the taxi driver, telling him to have a good night.

We were let straight in by the bouncers, obviously they knew who I was. I was probably the most famous person in the music industry at this moment, Niall was my guitarist.

"Come on man, let's get a drink." Niall always had so much energy.

I only had energy for music and my daughter. The only two things I truly cared about.

He took a seat in one of the booths, we were in the VIP section and it was relatively empty but it was still early. He slid the whiskey and coke over the table to me.

"Right, before I get punched in the face for asking later I just wanted to check, do you have Orla tomorrow?" I shook my head at Niall's question. "Great, do a line with me then."