Looks Like Josefina's Changed

Marie got off her plane and ran straight for Josefina. They hadn't seen each other for six months and a visit had been long over due. 

"How've you been?, Are you super jet lagged?, Want to get a drink?, I'll show you the dorm, I made it so we are room mates!, You look like you haven't slept all night... that's right you can't sleep on planes, I remember." She paused to take a breath so Marie jumped in before Josefina could utter a second stream of questions. 

"Good. A fair amount. Yes, preferably tea and something stronger. Cool, I'm glad we are together. I haven't thanks for noticing. Oh good you remembered. Lead the way."

Jo smiled and began walking. She got a cab and jabbered away at what they were going to do that day, even though it was already seven pm. Marie listened as she looked out the window. This wasn't the first time Marie had been to London, but she couldn't help being impressed as the city flew by. Even though they passed many modern buildings and structures the streets radiated age. It was as if the cobble stones said "We've been here longer than you and we'll be here long after you, but by all means carry on madam." 

They stopped just outside rot-iron gates that were as impressive as they were intimidating. A long path lead to the admissions building which Marie had to stop at. Nearly all the buildings were made from stone. You could tell these had classic victorian architecture.  The campus was beautiful and Marie had every intention of exploring it extensively as soon as day light permitted. The admissions officer seemed nice and Marie was set up with a class schedule and student ID card in no time at all.

"Right, now that the boring stuff is out of the way lets hit the town." Josefina said rather giddily. 

Marie had never known Jo to be all that social so this came as a bit of a shock. "What the bloody hell happened to you? Brits are colder than Americans not warmer!" 

"Nice Marie I see acclimating to your English vocab didn't take very long. If you must know I had to make some new friends when I got here and they have brought me out of my shell."

Marie looked at her with an expression that could only read 'I ain't buying it'. 

"Honestly Marie I'm getting there. When there's a test I become a hermit but on off days I relax now and again". 

Marie had to admit this was fair, she couldn't expect Jo to keep only her old friends and ways. 

They walked to a small 'pub' (a bar) called James's Place. As soon as they walked in Marie heard "Jo over here!" "Hey guys a new one's just walked in, get over here!"

Three rather handsome men and two girls crowded around to get a look at the 'new one'. "Hi I'm Marie Randle" "Hello Marie Randle, I'm Alan Conver, this is Steven, Kat, Polly and Thomas".

Alan was slender but beneath his stylish exterior you could tell he was muscle. He had light brown hair and bright green eyes. Steven was incredibly tall and thin with the darkest hair and eyes to match. Kat had astonishing blue hair that suited her quite nicely with brown eyes anyone would describe as chocolaty. Polly was blonde and very pretty. Her pale blue eyes gave off a cold look that said 'you can look but don't touch'. Thomas was just as handsome as Alan with the same green eyes but his hair was a few shades darker. From first glance Marie could tell they were brothers.

It's my first story... How'm I doing?