Part one: Grief And A New Opponent.

The continuation is finally here ya'll! Enjoy it 🤭. Credits to SableThedgehog and my girlfriend for helping me come up with this idea! :D

<POV: Shadow's>
It took years after his death for anyone to get over it. I had disappeared for around a month or two afterward to see if I could do anything about it, but to no luck.

After I had gotten back Rouge scolded me to never leave again. I haven't and it's been 4 long, and agonizing years now.

I still haven't moved on from him. I can't make myself. He was perfect to me, in everyway, but Rouge keeps trying to convince me to.

Miles is just as or more heartbroken about what happened as I am. Hell, from what I know he saw it happen, or at least knew about it. That was bound to absolutely destroy him. They were like brothers too, so it makes perfect sense. That isn't something that anyone should go through, and I wouldn't wish it upon them.

For the first year afterward the entirety of the village was upset about it, obviously. Amy was put in jail, and still hasn't been let out, thankfully. We don't need that psychopath on the loose.

I turned on the T.V since I had nothing else to do right now. I didn't expect much though, nothing has really been happening since then, but I wanted to check anyway.

It was the usual thievery, and battery that happens every so often. Nothing of any villainy sort. Not since he is gone. Nobody wanted to. There "wasn't any thrill" to it. They would get away with it if they tried, I'm sure. I don't think any of Sonic's friends would be in the right mind to stop them.

Rouge tries to get me out of the house all of the time. I don't want to though, it's an obvious waste of time. I go to what's necessasry to survive; work, and stores for anything worth my time and effort. Nothing else. It wob't matter to go out without him around anymore.

Miles doesn't talk to anyone anymore, heck he probabpy can't. He might just break down if he tried. He had been let off any charges from attacking Amy, since it was just a state of typical rage after a loved one dies. Occasionally I'll see him leave his workshop that he spends almost every second in to see if someone has a part he needs for who knows what contraptions he has going on in there. It could be anythinh by now.

Knuckles was pretty upset about what happened too, but wasn't quite as affected as everyone else. He wasn't always very close with him, and never tried too hard to be. He can still be social, but I've seen his cry about it a few times.

Rouge was affected too, she cared enough to cry sometimes. She had come to me for comfort a few of those times, but she's about the same as Knuckles, she can still talk to people. I don't understand it. It's so hard to communicate with him gone.

Amy went insane, if she wasn't insane before, which I highly doubt she was ever very sane. She's of course still in jail, but I get updates from time to time, and they're all about how she keeps trying to escape. She apparently wants to hurt me, that's why she killed him. Pure jealousy. It's horrible.

Everything and everyone has gone completely downhill. Even Eggman has, but I don't know much about him at all. He just doesn't attack anyone or anything anymore. He can't bring himself to is what I heard. Despite fighting him all the time, he still cared.

I can't even bring myswlf to say his name, I'm too upset. I can't believe he's gone. I never thought that anyone would be able to hurt him let alone kill him.

I suddenly heard a loud alarm sound from the T.V that was still playing in the background of my thoughts. I snapped out of my mind, and looked at it.

"Breaking news!!"

What?

"New villain spotted! Stay safe, and indoors! More information is on a website called ****!" The breaking news then shut off, and went back to the normal recordings of old news.

I opened my phone, and went to the website. It had so little information that I started to wonder if any of this was even real.

'Face unknown.' Apparently it's always covered?

'Mobian species unknown, though suspected to be a hedgehog.' So they're not like Eggman, they're a mobian. Interesting.

The entire website was like this; age unknown, gender unknown. The only thing anyone does know is that they're dangerous.

It didn't specify how dangerous, and I'm starting to get curious. Will anyone even rebel? Amy, Knuckles, and Tails don't seem to be in the best shape to do so.

I could, but I'll most likely only step in if I have to. I'm sure someone will try at least, even if the news told them not to. Almost nobody listens to it, they'll probably find out the hard way.

May be there's a picture on the website? I scrolled through all the useless information displayed about how mysterious this new villain is, and there it was. A picture.

It didn't show much, though they were right, they do look like a hedgehog. I can't even see their quill color. I zoomed in on the picture and could've sworn to see a hint of blue, but I think I was just imagining things. I can't even see their eyes, they're covered by a mask. The only thing I can see is fabric covering their quills, confirming that they're a hedgehog.

Who are they, and why are they even attacking? He isn't here anymore to go against them, so it doesn't make any sense. There'w no point unless someone did them wrong, but no one has been doing much of anything the last few years.

Who could've hurt them to do this? Especially here. Even if someone did hurt them, why would they terrorize the entire village about it? Could they be insane? That doesn't make sense though, usually insane people aren't so coordinated, which they looked pretty coordinated from the footage on the breaking news cast.

The website doesn't even list their abilities so I decided to look back at the photo.

I looked closer. I didn't see anything at first, but eventually I noticed that he looked.. Familiar. I couldn't place why though, I'm sure it's nothing anyway.

I hope ya'll enjoyed the first chapter of this! I actually enjoyed writing it a lot, so I'm happy about it.
Bye babes! 🤎