Part Six: Investigating.

My updates will probably be very few and far between since school started, BUT I am glad to be back for now. (This was already written beford my update)

<POV: Shadow>
I had gone home that day, and grabbed out my computer. I looked up the neighborhood on a few websites, and took a closer look at where it was, and who lived there. This would be crucial for me to know, and the fact that is was so small made it so my search would he a hell of a lot easier. Not easy, but easier.

When I looked into the smaller details of it I realized that was the same neighborhood that the fox lived in. He hadn't been out much at all since he died. I knew that he of all people wouldn't do something like that, so I discarded him as a suspect. He'd nevee commit, or help in a crime like that, or crimes at all.

All I had to do at this point was get evidence of this new villain being someone from one of the other houses in that general area. The dirt trail had stopped leading me to anywhere once I got to around halfway through the relatively remote neighborhood, which didn't make things any easier since there was less likely to be anybody reporting suspicious behvior. That still also got rid of a few suspects... There was still a lot to do though.

I went back to that same trail the next day to see if I could get a better look, and find out if it lead further, and I hadn't seen it before. It didn't.

"Damn it.." I muttered, crossing my arms at the sight of it not leading any further. I glanced at the houses on the latter half of the neighborhood, looking to see if maybe they had any evidence of where the villain might live.

They didn't.

This guy sure was making it hard for me to figure this out.... This wasn't going to be a fun search, that much was obvious.

<POV: Sonic>
|The Night of the Murder|
I had gotten home rather quickly, and the immediate things I did were cleaning the knife of the blood, and throwing the disguise in the wash. I wasn't trying to risk anything.

I did these things quickly, and decides it would be good to take a shower. I didn't want any excess blood being on me, it was gross anyway. I took my time with this, but went to bed after since Tails was already asleep, and I had nothing else to do.

I woke up the next morning, and saw that it was already on the news. I also saw that they didn't figure out it was me though, so I didn't have anything to worry about. I ate breakfast, and realized that since it was dangerous for me to go out at all that I would be cooped up in a house.

All. The. Time.

This was going to be the most miserable part of my life; not being able to go outside, and run, or anything. What was I going to do?! All I could do was pace around the house all day, and sleep, but eventually I'd get too much built up energy...

That was when I saw Shadow approaching one of the other houses, and quickly ran upstairs so that he wouldn't see me. I couldn't risk being known...

<POV: Shadow>
I approached one of the of the houses when I saw a silhouette of someone run by a window inside of Miles's house. I wondered for a moment, but just concluded he must be busy with something, right?

I shook away any uneasy feelings I got from it, and instead continued my pace toward the other house to inspect it. I couldn't leave anything unseen in case it would give me any information.

I was desperate to figure this out, to get it over with, so I could go back to my life from before. All of this was way too chaotic without having him to help with it all. I didn't want to do it all alone, but I didn't really have a choice when there was no one mentally stable enough to deal with this except for may be Rouge, or the echidna.

The only problem with that was Rouge is busy with her own life, and the echidna won't talk to me. We aren't exactly friends in any form. That would just be a total lost cause to even try to begin with.

I took a long look all around the outside of the house, which must've looked pretty suspicious. I still didn't find anything to help me with my search, so I was basically at a dead end.

Unless the silhouette.. But no, Miles would never shelter someone like that.

DONEEEE, which it is shorter than my usual chapters with 806 words, BUT I did just get back from a LONG ass break, sooo 😋!
Bye babes 💙!