Chapter 1

Harry P.O.V.

My palms were sweating and my head started to ache as I grabbed the letters on the floor behind my front door. Lately I have been receiving some freighting letters from someone named B.E. and they were coming more and more often to my displeasure. As I walked inside my flat and laid the letters on the nearest table, I shook out of my jacket and laid it on the couch. I grabbed the letters from the table and sat down on the couch. I went thru the letters which were mostly bills until I came across the one I had been hoping wouldn’t have came. It had the same non returnable address and smelled like old women’s perfume. My hands shook as I picked it up to open it. The words were pasted onto the paper in different fonts and colors as if someone took time to cut out each letter from a magazine. I dreaded having to read it.

Dear Harry,

Still alive? You better start counting your days. See you in hell styles.

one directions #1 fan,

BE

 I think it’s time to let Simon and the boys know what’s going on.

Skylar P.O.V.

I woke in my bed completely soaked in sweat. My breathing became normal once my eyes focused and I realized I was in my home and not that thirteen year old girl living with my abusive father. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet and splashed my face with cold water. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and shook my head. I was twenty three years old and still having nightmares that my father was coming to get me. I pushed away the fear and got dressed for my morning run. I lived in a condo along Vince beach and loved the smell of the salt water, the wind whipping my hair and hearing the music played along boardwalks. This was my haven. I grew up in the suburbs of Ohio to an African American father and a Scottish mother. My childhood was riddled with abuse from my overbearing father and my mother who was just too scared to do anything about it. My father drove my mother away, but the worst part of it was my mother left me behind. My saving grace was my aunt who lived in California and adopted me when my father went to jail for child abuse. She showed me what true love was. Running out of the house towards the boardwalk I pushed all the years of abuse aside and focused on the future.

Harry P.O.V.

“How long have you been getting these letters?” Simon asked

“For about two months.” I replied

“And you’re now just saying something?” He bellowed

“I didn’t think it was anything to be concerned about, until I got the latest one.” I wined

Simon shook his head. “You’re an idiot.” I rolled my eyes.

“Do you have all of the letters?”

“Yeah, in my pocket”

“Let me see all of them.” I handed him the bundle of letters. He careful read a few of them and placed them back into their envelopes.

“We need to contact Scotland Yard. I don’t think this is something to play around with.”

I agreed.

Scotland Yard called Simon and all of my band mates to a meeting day’s after they received Simon’s call.

“After reading all of the letters my partner and I think it is best to cancel your last leg of your tour and blame it on health reasons or something like that. But you need to go into hiding. We are hoping Simon may know someone you can stay with until this person is captured. If not we can put you into the witness protection program.”