Chapter 8

Lauren was going back to work tomorrow. She couldn't wait. She was also looking forward to the weekend. She and about twenty other from work, including Sam were going camping. Tony Khan owned some very nice camp grounds and he invited whoever wanted to to go. Lauren was laying on the couch. Her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey." Sam said.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"Nothing." "Just lounging around." "What are you doing?"

"Laying in my bunk." "I'm bored."

"Me to." "I can't wait to get back tomorrow."

"I know." "I need to beat you in cards."

"Dream on."

"Are you as excited for this weekend as I am?"

"Yes." "I haven't been camping in a long time."

"Me either." "I can't wait to hit the mudding trails."

"What's mudding?"

"You've never tried it?"

"No."

"You've got to."

Lauren's other line beeped. She checked it. "I have another call."

"John?"

"Yeah." "See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

Lauren switched calls.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi." John said.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"Just hanging out." "What are you doing?"

"Thinking about how much I can't wait to see you."

"How was shooting today?"

"Good."

"I bet you can't wait to go back to work."

"I can't." "I'm so bored."

The next night everyone was at the arena in Michigan. Tony Khan asked everyone to meet in catering.

"I have an announcement to make." Tony said. "Starting next week will be a tournament to determine the first ever AEW World Mixed Tag Team Champions." "The quarter and semi-finals will take place over the next two weeks, with the finals taking place at the pay-per- view in three weeks." "Names of the participants are written on the board behind me."

When Lauren checked the board she was shocked to see she was in the tournament, but couldn't have been more pleased with her partner. She went over to Sam.

"Did you see?" She asked.

"Yeah." "We're gonna kick ass." "We're gonna win."

The camp grounds were beautiful. They sat on a beautiful lake. What Lauren liked the most was it had bathrooms and showers.

Lauren had agreed to go mudding with Sam and some other people. Sam was driving the four wheeler Lauren was sitting behind him.

"Hold on tight." Sam said. They took off.

Three hours later Sam walked Lauren back to her tent she was sharing with Sarayah. They were both covered in mud.

"That was so fun." Lauren said.

"I knew you'd like it."

"Well I need a shower."

"Me to." "See you tomorrow."

"Ok."

Lauren went into her tent to get towels and clothes. Sarayah was there.

"Did you and Sam have fun on your date?" Sarayah asked.

"We didn't go on a date we were with seven other people."

"Whatever you say."

The following night it was around midnight. Lauren couldn't sleep so she went down to the lake. She was sitting at the edge of the dock. The moon was full and bright. She'd been there for about twenty minutes.

"Hi." Sam said sitting down next to her.

"Hi."

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking."

"About?"

"Lots of things." "John, my parents, my career, something else."

"What else?"

"Nothing, just something I'm very confused about." "It's stupid."

"What about your career?"

"I'm wondering how much longer I can still do it." "I've been wrestling since I was nineteen."

"So?"

"So, I don't want to be known as the grandma of professional wrestling." "I know it's common for men to stay a really long time, but not women."

"You're not a grandma Lauren."

"Well most guys don't like women in their thirties."

"That's not old."

"You're young, gorgeous, sexy."

She looked at him. "You don't have say that just to make me feel better."

"I'm not." They drifted closer to each other's lips. Suddenly they heard people running on the dock behind them and separated quickly.