003. an attempt was made

HARD TO GET CHAPTER THREE!
❛ an attempt was made ❜

HARD TO GET CHAPTER THREE!❛ an attempt was made ❜

in which chaewon swings and misses

so, maybe chaewon is a little bit drunk.

currently she's climbing the grand staircase and leaning against the balcony to catch her breath, because grinding on random strangers gets boring pretty quickly when half of them don't even know how to grind (which is a skill). plus kazuha had left her on the dance floor a few songs back, saying something about going to the bar area for shots, and she hasn't come back yet.

chaewon scans the crowded main hall of choi yena's gigantic mansion. it looks like yunjin still hasn't moved from her spot on one of the couches in the corner, where she and that random girl are now... making out...? it's too dark for chaewon to tell, but she reminds herself to grill yunjin about it later.

she's about to head down to the bar to look for kazuha when strange movement along the left side of the hall catches her attention. chaewon narrows her eyes, leaning over the balcony for a better look. it's a girl wearing a backpack and a cap, inching cautiously along the walls and looking incredibly out of place amid the crowds of drunk college kids.

chaewon slides down the railing of the staircase, her eyes still glued to the suspicious-looking girl. who brings a backpack to a house party? she thinks to herself, head tilted. and she is not dressed like she wants to be here.

then the girl stops and takes off her cap to run a hand through her hair, and chaewon is suddenly paying much closer attention. the girl is cute—unbelievably cute, despite the fact that she's dressed like she just walked out of a lecture hall. she seems shy, not the type chaewon usually goes for at these kinds of parties, but she still looks like she could be fun to play with for the night...

chaewon quickly fires off a text to the group chat about the girl (her friends are always the first to know when she has her sights set on someone new), but when she looks back up from her phone screen, the girl is nowhere to be seen. shit.

surrounded by people partying and making out, with bright pulses from the rainbow strobe lights irregularly cutting through the fog coming from the massive fog machines, it's practically impossible for chaewon to locate her mystery girl again. she pushes and shoves her way through the throngs of partygoers until she reaches the entrance to the left wing, but still—no sign of her. chaewon slumps against the wall and lets out a dramatic sigh, her heart pounding in time with the music blasting from the giant speakers.

mission failed...

chaewon sighs again, turns the corner, and abruptly has the wind knocked out of her lungs when somebody trips on top of her, sending them both sprawling to the floor in a tangle of limbs. "ow!"

"oh my god, i'm so sorry—" the other person scrambles to get up, brushing her long hair out of her face and staring down at chaewon with wide, flustered eyes.

suddenly chaewon is finding it hard to breathe. it's her mystery girl. and she's even more beautiful up close.

"i just lost my footing, it's really dark in here and i didn't see—are you okay?" the girl holds out a hand to help her up, her face flushed a pretty shade of pink.

well, kim chaewon never turns down an opportunity to flirt. she takes the offered hand and swiftly pulls herself to her feet, using her momentum to press right up against the other girl's body.

"no harm done," chaewon purrs, not letting go of her hand. "i'm chaewon. do you like girls, by any chance?"

the girl gapes at her, clearly caught off-guard. "um... yeah, i—" she lets out a choked noise when chaewon grabs her other hand and puts it on her own waist, making her top ride up a little. "wh-wha—"

"you're really cute." chaewon smirks and gets on her tippy-toes so her lips graze the girl's ear, and raises her voice slightly to be heard over the pounding music. "how about we go somewhere more private?"

"oh... um. i really can't," the girl mumbles. "i told my friend i would come get him, so—"

chaewon pouts, winding her arms around the girl's neck and pulling her closer. "come on, you know you want to... your friend can wait, can't he?"

suddenly chaewon feels something vibrate against her thigh, and pulls back in surprise while the girl fumbles to pull her phone out of her pocket. "what the—"

"sorry!" the girl squeaks, the glow from her phone screen illuminating her gorgeous face for a brief moment before she tucks it back into her pocket. "um. gotta blast. bye."

with that, she turns around and hightails it in the direction of the left wing, leaving chaewon with her mouth hanging open in disbelief.

she rejected her.

nobody rejects kim chaewon.

suddenly kazuha appears beside her, looking around and raising her voice to be heard above the music. "were you just talking to bae misun?" she asks curiously, bringing chaewon out of her stupefied daze. "i didn't know you knew each other."

chaewon's head whips around so fast it almost flies off her neck. "huh? bae misun?"

"yeah!" kazuha nods happily, oblivious to chaewon's ongoing gay meltdown. "she's my biology tutor."

"YOU KNOW HER?" chaewon yells at top volume, earning a few quizzical stares from the people around them. she grabs kazuha's arm and drags her into a secluded corner, where they can converse calmly like normal people.

"who was that girl?" demands chaewon, shoving kazuha against the wall and violently shaking her muscular gymbro shoulders. "bae misun? is that her name?"

"y-y-y-e-a-a-h," kazuha responds dizzily, slightly intimidated by the unhinged look on chaewon's face. "wh-y-y-y-y?"

chaewon retracts her hands and takes a step back, crossing her arms and staring intensely at kazuha in a way that makes her start to sweat a little. "tell me everything you know about her."

"um." kazuha blinks, feeling a little dazed from both the alcohol in her system and from being shaken like a milk carton. "well, she tutors me every friday..."

"oh, really?" chaewon ponders that for a moment. i need to see her again...

"i think i'll sign up for tutoring."

🦕 BLUE'S NOTE!↳ this took too long towrite smh

🦕 BLUE'S NOTE!
this took too long to
write smh