Chapter - 12

After saying their goodbyes, everyone left for their way back home. Ziya had her pods in her ears and was listening to music while she was headed back to her home.

" Once again, she took advantage of the public transit and was back home after an hour of torturing journey in buses and subways, she was finally able to reach on the front porch yard of her home. "

After opening her front door, she greeted her empty home out of habit, " I am back home, Mom and Dad. "

It was almost evening when Ziya reached home, she got changed out of her work clothes and had a quick shower putting on a comfy outfit and headed towards the kitchen.

Soon, she started prepping for the dinner where she looked for what ingredients she had on hand and found chicken drumsticks. So she decided to cook and bake something with the same.

She took a bowl and added chicken drumsticks, oilve oil and spices to it and mix. Once that was done, she took some potatoes and core them, cutting into spirals and wrapping it up with some thinly sliced Chicken breast.

Next, she wrapped the thinly slicked chicken breasts into the spiral potatoes around the drumsticks. She used a toothpick to hold it all in a place, inserting the drumsticks into the oven rack so that they are hanging downwards.

Alongside the chicken drumsticks, she placed a pan below the downwards hanging drumsticks to catch the drippings while also filling the pan with the vegetables to be roasted while the drumsticks are being cooked.

Ziya has already pre heated the oven at 165 degree Farenheit and the oven was set to 400 degree Farenheit. She baked and roast all the veggies and drumsticks for about 20 minutes and check if it was cooked.

Once she found that, it was all cooked, she removed the pan and the rack from the oven and garnished the dish with some freshly chopped parsley and coriander.

The dish for the dinner was now ready and she was content with how scrumpcious the dish turned out to be and was eager to try it out. Ziya looked at the time and noticed that it was still 06:30 PM and she had a bit of time left before dinner.

So, she went to the living room and scrolled on the television to see the daily news on what's going around the world where she once again came up with the same jerk who thinks so highly of himself and was in no mood to entertain him even virtually.

She instantly turned off the TV and went upstairs to her parents room, looked at their portrait and whispered softly, Mom, Dad I miss you so much. I hope guys are also missing me.

Ziya went to her study room and from the drawer of her study table, she removed the dairy and gently touched the cover with her index finger. She then opened the diary and started writing down the events which happened today.

Ziya was quite happy while reminiscing the day and how lucky she was to have Leslie and Chris with her. She mentioned that, they were both very compassionate and kind. They both taught her about the workplace and also had some fun with each other.

She also noted down on how Leslie was teasing her at every chance she gets and then she mentioned about her encounter with Aziel Watson. She was happy in the beginning as her first encounter with him wasn't as bad as her second encounter.

She then also mentioned how she was angry at him and spoke harshly while when she encountered him for the third time, she was also rude and left the place without listening to what he was going to say.

She felt bad for behaving that way but she was also hurted by him and she didn't want to face him that early just after the recent encounter with him. After finishing the diary, she headed downstairs and saw that it was time to have her dinner.

Once downstairs, she tried her chicken drumsticks which she has cooked for the dinner and it was very much delicious. She finished eating her dinner and washed up the dishes.

Afterwards, she started prepping on what she could bring it for the Lunch for tomorrow and boiled some penne pasta and made it in with some seasonings sauted with finely chopped onions and garlic adding some chilli flakes and black pepper.

Later adding some tomato sauce in it to while adjusting the seasoning it accordingly to the flavours. Lastly, she added the boiled pasta in it and mixed it well. As for garnishing, once again she used the parsley and some corianders to top it off.

Once the lunch for tomorrow was prepared, she packed it up in a box and washed up all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and headed to bed while calling it a day.

Before going in to the dreamland, she set up her alarm for tomorrow morning and finally went in to sleep.

Ziya had a dream where she was once again in front of Aziel, this time around she was the one who was very angry and rude towards him while he was standing their speechless.

Ziya was continuously and harshly scolding him for treating people lower than him in a very rude manner. She mentioned that, he should not have judged a book by it's cover and was not supposed to be so harsh on them.

If he ever had any issue or problems, he could have mentioned it to them or have spoken to them in a kindly manner rather than being a snob and bombarding them with the language which can demoralize them.

She further added by questioning his action, " Have you ever thought on how you talk would have affected the opposite party? " Let's just assume that you were right and the way you behaved justified your actions but what if they are not likely who he thinks they are? Have you ever thought that your words would have deeply harmed them or how would have that affected them?

Ziya noticed that by this time, she started shedding tears and was now confused a bit and stopped arguing with Aziel about the same. She apologized at the end for being very rude to him and before he could respond back or something, the alarm clock ringed awaking Ziya from her sleep and the dream.

When Ziya woke up, she noticed that her pillow was a bit damped from her tears. She wiped her tears away and started thinking on why was she crying as she didn't remember her dream but she felt more relaxed and free from whatever worries she had before.

She felt that her mind is now free from all her worries and smiled a bit before stretching her limbs and headed towards the restroom, did her morning routine and started a day.

Once she was all ready, she grabbed her back pack, put her lunch box in and left home while heading towards her workplace.