27

On a Thursday night, I was heading home like usual and recently there have been a lot of things going on. I mean, I get up, brush my teeth shower, and dress up in the morning for work. When I arrive at work, I start setting up things, for example cleaning mugs or setting the cupcakes that were made last night or right out oven.

Nothing important about that. I work and do my best in this job till the sun gets down and time for me to head home and repeat the day tomorrow.

Again.

But there was just that thing...
That little thing?

It wasn't that I just didn't feel safe or anything, I am pretty prepared if anything happens, I've started to always carry a peper spray, plus a taser for anything that happens out of sight, but there was still that type of feeling I had whenever I walked back home.

Those pair of eyes and the following steps sounds made me shudder in nervousness.

I've looked back and changed my way a couple of times, and it just never seemed to work. Especially right now.

Loud footsteps were behind me, I could feel a big figure coming after me, but whenever I tried looking or pausing to process, it just stopped.

No one was here, but why the fuck do I feel like there is. And I know I wasn't going insane. I knew these steps were more real than my whole life. The sounds, the movement. It was real.

I've tried pacing up my steps and the more I did the more I felt them closer to me. The feet, the rush. It was following right after me.

I am not going to watch myself get kidnapped or whatever the fuck that will. I can't stay put like this, I had to do something.

Running away felt nothing but danger to me but thankfully I knew a small hallway right on my way home. If they followed me there I wouldn't have any mercy with using my pepper spray.
I would call the cops. Just anything.

I can't keep on living in fear of walking back at night home. I had to know who and what.

I covered my mouth once raging breaths were leaving me nonstop. I've never run so hard in my life. I hid against the rock-hard wall till suddenly the same big figure I was imagining had erased the imagination I had and placed it with reality.

It was real.

He was real and he was following me.

The confusion in his eyes had nothing but burn and reluctance eat them. I will fucking kill him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He groaned in pain as nothing helped him out, not the rubbing, not the squeezing. The pepper spray was of great quality. I should give five stars to that shop. Buy one get one free too, incredible...

"Who are you? And why are you following me?!"
I yelled in his face while watching the suffering he went through. The way his hands tried rubbing off the pain and his painful whimpers.
He deserves it. All that time I lived in fear. For what? "Answer me!" I shout once again. "You answer or I taser you right in the balls!" I gave a warning and it seemed to work even better than the buy-one-get-one-free pepper spray.

"Fuck okay! Okay...just give me a damn second!" He groaned in pain once more and louder this time. "It's not me, okay? It's Mr Lennox! He's the one who put me around to follow you..."

Now why would the heartless clueless and most selfish man ever care about where I go? Why would Alex Lennox care so fucking much to even put a man to follow me from my day till my night? Was he crazy? Surly that...