Lipstick (Vessel)

Summary: You paint his body, in return he applies your lipstick
-------‐----------------------------------------

You look at your reflection in the mirror and think about which lipstick you want to wear today. There are several options. An orange one, a black one, a pink one and many more. After pondering for a long time, you decide on a bright red one.

Your body bends towards the mirror to be able to apply it more precisely. You put on the lipstick when suddenly the door opens behind you.

"Do you want to..." Vessel stops when he sees your look through the mirror. "Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you." The door closes again.

"No, you're not disturbing me. What is it?" You put the lipstick on the dressing table and turn around.

Vessel walks in. "Do you want to paint my body?" Only now do you notice that he's topless. In one hand, he holds a tube of black body paint.

"Can't you do it yourself?"

"Of course I can, but I wanted to offer it to you. Because I know how much you like it." He towers in front of you.

You laugh. "Of course because I like it." You both know you love painting his body, but you're sure he likes being touched by you just as much, if not more. And in this case, he's using you as an excuse.

You think about it and give him a condition. "Since you just interrupted me putting on makeup, I'll just do it if you put on my lipstick."

He seems to think for a moment and then nods. "This one?" He puts the tube out of his hand and lifts your red lipstick instead.

"Yeah, you like it?"

Vessel places his fingers under your chin. The resulting pressure forces you to look him in the face. "Everything that has to do with you pleases me." He smiles slightly as he sees your red cheeks.

You want to say something but he stops you, "Don't say anything or your lips won't be the only thing red." His eyes shift to yours, then he glances at your lips. You don't move and look into his eyes.

"I love your lips. They have such a beautiful shape." He says and tries not to paint over them. Why does he say things like that if you can't respond with a smile?

You try to take in his every move and your eyes begin to wander. Over his weakly pinched lips and then to his naked torso directly in front of you.

His body is trained. Not too much, just perfect. As soon as he moves his arm, individual muscles of his chest jump. Your gaze wanders to his abs. From experience you know that they look harder than they actually are. In fact, they're super comfortable to sleep on.

"Eyes up here, love."

Apparently you dropped your head down slightly because he gently pushes your chin up. Vessel smiles in amusement and gently kisses your bright red lips. He then turns your chin from left to right and lets his eyes glide over your face with adoration. "Beautiful, as always."

"Thanks." You say, reaching for the black body paint. "Now you. Spread your arms."

He follows your instruction and spreads his arms, exposing his upper body. Your gaze briefly sweeps over it before you open the tube and put a dab of black paint on your hand to cover his arms.

After that you beckon him towards you. "Come here."

He leans down and you spread the color on the lower half of his face and neck. "You look funny without your mask." You state and grin.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I'll put it on in a minute."

Then you smear another blob on his torso. As you do, your fingers graze over his tense muscles. "Why do you paint yourself today at all?" You ask suddenly.

"We need new band photos. The others pick me up and we drive to the place. You can come with us if you want." Offers Vessel.

"You better do that on your own. I meet with some friends." You smear black paint on white spots while he tells you it won't take that long anyway.

"That's it." You announce, kissing the spot above his heart. "Good luck!"

For a moment he just looks at you smiling. His eyes show one thing: sheer love! Finally, Vessel leans toward you. "See you later." He whispers, gently pressing his lip to yours.

Shortly after, he leaves the house. You do the same to meet up with your friends.

When you return home, the sky is dark. You've already informed Vessel that it will be later than expected and he is alone for the time being. And it's really late. Most likely Vessel is already asleep.

You unlock the door as quietly as possible and enter the house. You tiptoe into the bedroom and open the closet. From it you take out a large t-shirt, which is probably from Vessel. You throw your old clothes carelessly on the floor and put it on. Then you sneak to the bed and lie down next to Vessel.

"Darling?" His voice is sleepy. "Is it you?" He feels for your body in the darkness.

"Go back to sleep, honey." You say softly and slide your hand in his direction. Vessel's fingers graze your hand. His body shifts closer.

He seems to be eager to tell you something because he keeps talking. "Remember when I put makeup on you and you painted my body in return?" He whispers.

You nod. "Yeah." How could you forget?

"And can you also remember that you kissed me? Not only on my lips but also on my chest?"

Again you answer with a yes. What's he getting at?

"II pointed it out to me. To a red kissing mouth on my chest. And not to mention my unnaturally red lips."

You can't help but giggle. "Was he teasing you?"

Vessel hums in agreement. "He asked if you had anything to do with it. I mean...who else?"

"Don't think about it Ves. II's just jealous because he never gets kissed."

Your response makes him laugh softly. "Maybe you're right." He gently wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you close. His face nestles against the crook of your neck. "Anyway, I wore the kissing mouth with pride. As an accessory. But then I had to paint over it for the photos."

His body warmth seeps into you and your eyes grow heavy. "I would love to listen to your lovely words all night, but the day has been quite exhausting."

Vessel nods. "If you need me, you know where to find me. I won't run away." He jokes and kisses your neck. "Sleep tight."

"Good night, honey." You snuggle closer to him. "I love you."

"I love you too, darling."

Shortly after, you fall asleep peacefully entwined with each other.