Chapter 1

Legas...... city of love, girls, drugs and money. To survive in Legas, one needs to be smart all through. Everybody here dreams of the good life but not everybody is privileged to have it. The streets are not fair to anyone who is lazy. If you not careful whatever you carrying will be snatched away from you, in no time without even noticing who did it. Corners and alleys are full of young guys down the drug chain dealing drugs of all sorts' coke, crystal meth and marijuana being the most popular as the market is good meaning they sell quick. Screw things up and the boss will be up your neck. Deal outside your territory at your own risk... If you get caught, being unable to walk from a nasty and brutal beating will be the least of your worries. Taking two or more to the head or right through the heart is what you would rather be worried about, because that's what will be coming for you. The night is filled with young sexy ladies of all ages donning short skirts and skimpy clothes chasing after cars aiming to attract and cash in on big time clients. The lucky ones make big money while the unlucky ones end up penniless and are left at the mercies of their pimps who always want the cash to flow in. Jobs are not easy to come by especially if you not been to college and majored at something. Strip clubs are everywhere. Guys loaded with cash spend countless nights in this gentlemen clubs tipping strippers and getting lap dances.

Clark King was born and raised in Legas. This was the city he had known all his life. Graduating from college at a young age, Clark was a fresh graduate moving from office to office looking for a good paying job. He had majored in computer science and loved computers more than anything else. Living by the rules was what his life was about. Not a single time had he been booked by the police for any offence. He was what most people call a good boy and his parents were always proud of him unlike some of his siblings who were always in some sort of trouble. Clark believed living by the rules was the one thing that made one successful.

Three months after finishing college, Clark was still jobless but had worked some small time gigs of building mobile applications for a few companies and in the process made enough cash to move out of his parents' home to his own place. Clark enjoyed the flexibility of his skills as he could work from anywhere with his laptop as long as there was an internet connection but still had hunger to work at a big company and be successful.

One of those cold Monday mornings, Clark decided to go to a coffee café to get some hot coffee before going ahead with his usual job hunting routines. Clark ran into Stan Vick, one of his classmates who had dropped out of college. He was serving coffee to customers at that cafe. Stan was not Clark's friend while in college but they used to chat a few times but never really hanged out. Neither of them knew what was happening in the others life. The last thing Clark had heard about Stan around campus, was that he had quit college to pursue other things saying education was not really his thing and was not meant for him.

"What's up Stan?" Clark shouted on seeing Stan and immediately recognizing him. "Clark King is that you man?" Stan replied back with his usual deep voice. "Yeah it's me Stan. You've not changed a bit. What have you been up to?" Clark mumbled as he sat at a table in the cafe. Stan requested a colleague to hold his place for a while, then came with two cups of coffee and sat opposite to Clark offering him one cup.

"Nothing much. Just finished college three months ago and am still looking for a job. You disappeared from college and we've never heard from you ever since. What happened?" Clark asked after sipping some coffee. Stan smiled and looked around trying to show Clark with his eyes what he'd been doing then said, "Came to discover college was not my place after all and decided to hang up my boots and pursue other options. I work many jobs. Doing morning shifts here then heading over to a car wash near Clickz club in the afternoon and finishing off the day doing mobile phone repairs at a place, a friend of mine recently set up. I don't make much but it's enough for me to spend on rent and other needs."