The Graduation

Woah! How long has it been since we've dusted the interview room?

Can someone please recalibrate this microphone? Nina and I have been away for quite a long time. 

Oh...did you say I'm on? 

Oops...

Uh...hey everyone! It's been quite a while too long in fact. I heard some of you humans wanted to see what happens next. Guess I should show off my skills and great storytelling chops to bring you a new chapter.

Maybe I should grab a snack before we dive right in.

_________________________________________________________________

There he was...back in the starry place. 

The empty place in some part of the universe where the planets floated around him, the stars glowed, and he was standing on a floating rock. He stepped forward, seeing every step he took ripple underneath him. It was mystical, the place he ended up making him smile. 

"You like to explore, don't you?"

He paused, hearing that familiar, maternal voice. Slowly turning his helm, he saw the ethereal form of Penelope sitting down on the piece of land. She was still wearing that flowing white dress, her hair flowing in the nonexistent wind, and staring out to the abyss. That's when he noticed a symbol emblazoned on her back; a silver-faced transformer with glowing blue eyes.

"It's you! Grandma Penny right? What is this place?  Why are you here?"

The human woman smiled, patting next to her. He hesitated but sat down next to her. His towering frame against her tiny human one made for a comical sight. He stared down at her, having so many questions to ask.

Penelope looked up at him. "Yes, I am Penelope Drake, grandmother to you and mother to your father and his family." She shrugged. "Well...more like an adoptive mother to them. They appeared to me one night in a storm and it was love at first sight. We didn't have much time together, but I enjoyed every moment with them."

"Sire talked about you all the time. I've heard so much about you and I-"

Penelope held up a hand, making him pause. "All in due time. I just have time to speak with you through your dreams."

"My dreams?" He looked around at the silent world. "Is this my mind?"

Penelope stood up and walked towards him. She placed a hand on his ped and nodded up at him. Astonished, HotRod sat there in shock from this newfound revelation and just enjoyed the momentary silence. Staring up at the stars with the grandmother he never got to meet...

"You know, I saw when you were born." 

"Y-Y-ou did? I didn't know you were there."

"Of course not. I was there in spirit. I've always been watching over you as you grew up. Sometimes I wonder how I raised such a wonderful son that made a wonderful grandson."

The shift in the atmosphere caused HotRod to gasp. His form was starting to disappear as he realized he was awakening. He reached down to grasp her hands but found himself fading too fast. He saw her face, a bit saddened but happy to have seen him.

"When you leave this planet, seek out Earth. Go to Earth to find me!"

_________________________________________________________________________

HotRod reached out as he got up from his recharge slab. His spark raced wildly as he felt his face leaking with fluid when the rush of emotions finally hit him.