Chapter 1: Welome to Camp

Chapter 2:
Yelp!
redsun15_GETYOURFUCKINGDOGBITCH, and btw your sandwich was bland. #10/10wouldn'trecommend #hEdoN'tbITemyass.

Who on earth buys 14 gallons of milk? This dudes like the ultimate embodiment of every math problem ever!

"I do, and maybe if you drank milk, you'd be taller," they retorted.

People often thought I was not the brightest when it came to books and school, and right now, I felt like the dumbest person ever as I stood face-to-face with a tall, dark, and handsome stranger. Oh no, did he just blush? The lady behind me snorted, and I couldn't help but blush too. Why does my mouth only work when I want it to stay quiet? I pulled my beanie further down on my head, pretending to be invisible as more curious eyes landed on me. Note to self: low profile, I've still got a couple of days left before I reach Camp Half Blood.

As I watched "Grumpysmurf" (that's what I decided to call him, not because of his cute blue eyes or anything) get his receipt from the cashier, I felt a chill run down my spine. Ignoring the feeling, I focused on the groceries I had just purchased: water bottles, instant ramen packets, way too many Skittles (seriously, I need to cut down on those, it's been a minute since I've been to the dentist), loads of granola bars (now I'm starting to wonder if I have enough money), and finally, a footlong sub that I planned to devour later (well, maybe save a couple of bites for my lunchbox). Feeling pretty good, I headed out of the store, skipping along and daydreaming about that mouth-watering sandwich.

But, oh boy, did I underestimate my surroundings! Suddenly, I found myself on the receiving end of a collision. "Hmph... OI!" I had a face full of soft raven locks as I stumbled. Hair tickling my eyelids and mouth, catching on my eyelash—it lasted for a millisecond, but it felt like forever for me. The boy quickly moved away, running off in a flash. In that very moment, the ugliest dog I'd ever seen charged out from an alley next to the store. My instincts kicked in, and I was on my feet, chasing after Grumpysmurf while being chased by the terrifying canine. I didn't even have time to scream—I could only manage a choked back sob. Yet, somehow, I managed not to drop my precious grocery bags.

There was Grumpysmurf, unwilling to part with his last carton of milk, clutching it like it was his lifeline. All I could think about was being a snack for the hellish creature behind us. Not wanting to risk harming any pedestrians, I darted down an alleyway. Looking back, I saw nothing chasing us. When I looked forward, though, I almost had an accident of a different kind. My feet propelled me into action, and I jumped over the demon dog. Not my brightest move, I must admit.

Then, like a stroke of luck or divine intervention, my wings sprang out of thin air, propelling me higher into the sky, away from the hellhound. "OH MY FRICKIN' GODS, DO I SMELL LIKE LAMB CHOPS OR SOMETHING?" I yelled, panicking at the situation. The demon dog managed to bite my shoe, and consequently, my poor pinky toe.

"I really didn't want to kill you, you know. I'm just a misunderstood creature, trying to find my way in life, so I go around biting people. But why me? And these were Nike shoes! Don't get me started on you being a slave to your master, so if anything, I should kill whoever your master is for telling you to eat me," I ranted, half talking to myself and half trying to reason with the bewildered demon dog. It cutely tilted its head in curiosity, seeming less and less threatening by the moment. Miraculously, my gentle touch behind its ear made it let go of my bruised foot, its tail happily wagging.

"See? I knew you could be a good boy, with just a little love and affection—" I was abruptly interrupted.

'SCHTING'

'Thump'

"OI, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?!?" I looked up in shock at the cloudy, open eyes of the hellhound. My gaze traveled down its head, and that's when I saw it—completely severed from its body.