𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York.
September 8th, 2020.

Alexandra POV

Tatum had finished eating her breakfast and ran off to get ready for her first day of classes. I just sat there looking at my phone.

I was slightly bored and just wanted to get this over with already. I wanted to go see my new workplace, the new life that I am entering. Yeah I am terrified, but who isn't when they start a new job.

I looked over and saw that my Echo was plugged in. 

I smiled a little before saying, "Hey Alexa, play Come Back Be here by Taylor Swift".

"Now playing Come Back Be here by Taylor Swift on Apple Music", Alexa responds and I got up to clean up the mess as the song played in the background.

I finished cleaning up the slight mess pretty quickly before softly singing along to the song.

And this is when the feeling sinks in
I don't wanna miss you like this
Come back, be here
Come back, be here
I guess you're in London today
And I don't wanna need you this way

Come back, be here
Come back, be here

I have a love hate relationship with this song, but lately it gives me some sort of hope I guess. I left London to come to New York, she left New York to go to London for work.

I sang along not realizing that Clayton had walked back into the kitchen and was watching me.

This is falling in love in the cruelest way
This is falling for you and you are worlds away
In New York, be here
But you're in London, and I break down
'Cause it's not fair that you're not around

This is when the feeling sinks in
I don't wanna miss you like this
Come back, be here
Come back, be here

I just hummed to the rest of the song before seeing Clayton standing there. I jumped slightly and he just weakly smiled.

"Reach out to her for goodness sake", he says and I laughed a little. 

"She's busy, I'm busy. Life isn't freeing for the two of us right now", I respond and he weakly nods.

"I just want to get settled and figure out my new job life before anything else. I do miss her yes, but I know that she'd want me to focus on my life and career", I tell him and he laughs.

"Yeah you are right", he says as Tatum runs back into the kitchen.

"Mama, look at my uniform. Look at how cool it is", Tatum says as she twirls around.

"It is a really nice uniform, so are you now more ready for this new day?", I ask and she giggles.

"Yes mama, I am", she says and I smiled a little.

"So Tatum, what do you want to do tonight for dinner since it is your first day at a new school?", I ask and she shrugs.

"Maybe just have pizza?", Tatum asks hopeful and I smiled. 

"Mhm New York Pizza sounds delicious", I say and she smiles brightly.

"Now we should get everything ready. As we will be heading to the school very soon. But don't worry I'll be picking you up afterwards", I tell her and she smiled as she helped me pack her lunch for the day.

She grabbed her Jansport and got her bag situated before adding her lunch bag. I just smiled at her as she got her stuff organized.

"This kid is spoiled, I never went to private schools or anything. I went full on public schools for my entire life, but she deserves it more than anything", I thought to myself as she smiled at me.