CHAPTER ONE

"So I got cast as Puck." Kyle said as the four teens were walking through the cemetery.

"Maybe we should ask for autographs." Annie replied looking at him.

"Well, he needs help spelling his name." Ty chuckled.

"Oops, you forgot you aren't funny."

"Seriously. First a baseball star and a track and field star. Now a theatre star. Am I even worthy to walk to school with the three of you?" Annie laughed.

"I'm just playing Puck. It's not even the lead."

"But it's the best part, and you're a freshman." Abby chimed in.

"Yeah, A Midsummer Night's Nerd!" Ty said ruffling his younger brother's hair.

"Can't all be jerks. I mean jocks." Kyle teased.

"Oh, you think you're funny? Yeah?" Ty grabbed his bag.

"Hey! Hey!"

"They're ya go!"

"I can get you both and your Mom house seats." Kyle offered as the group of four walked up to the entrance of the school.

"I don't think our Mom can come." Annie sighed.

"The restaurant." They all chorused.

"Don't worry, you guys can sit with us." Ty smiled at the sisters. "So, what does Puck even do?"

"He solves everything."

"Just like you, right?"

"Exactly."

"All right, well catch y'all." Ty said walking away with Abby.

However, they both missed the smile Annie gave the two as they walked away together. She knows before they even do.

-------------------------------

"So, want to hang out after school?" Ty asked Abby at the start of their third class of the day.

"I can't, I've got a shift at the restaurant. And then I have that chemistry assignment to finish. Plus I have to fit in a run before training tomorrow." Abby listed off.

"Do you ever take a break?" Ty smiled.

"When I'm sleeping." She laughed back noticing the slight worry in her best friend's eyes.  "Don't worry, it's just a joke. Of course I take breaks. You know me, I like to keep busy."

"Mmmmm, you sure you aren't just trying to distract yourself from other stuff?" He eyed her carefully.

"Ty." She held his gaze. "I promise I'm not. I'm just trying to get back up to the same speed as before my surgery."

"Just don't push yourself too hard, you deserve some rest." He put his hand on her shoulder.

Looking down at his hand and back up at his eyes, she smiled nervously.

"I won't, I promise."

-------------------------------

Abby walked through the restaurant topping up customers' water as she checked in on her tables.

The one table that was usually full of laughter and friendship was at the moment in the middle of a heated argument.

"Aren't you ready to pack it in yet, man? I mean you're older than I am." Collins said looking at his lifelong friend.

"I love what I do, Collins. I'm sorry you don't." Neville stated sadly.

Abby started pouring water into one of their glasses as Collins started to get mad.