Chapter 3

Humans can now breathe on Mars, with the help of particular inventions that produce oxygen so that life on this red planet can happen. Despite its very thin atmosphere, scientist and engineers combined their great ideas to formulate a spectacular creation that will surely be known for all time, marking its place in history. This is why civilization exists now on Mars, people are thriving as they go about their business, after hundreds of years of planning to survive and balancing peace.

When Michikatsu left the house, he remembered a certain memory his brother, Yoriichi, would often scare him. Telling Michikatsu that Mars is still an unknown planet and has yet to be fully explored, so it is deemed dangerous. Michikatsu could just remember his little victory as he spat back that 'if Mars is an unknown planet, then people who lived on Earth centuries ago should say the same thing about Earth since they have yet to discover the whole ocean!'

Now that Michikatsu is outside for the first time in two years, he never felt so safe and free. No more being constantly protected all day and night. No more being reminded on and on about his health and safety. No more Yoriichi Type Zero. Michikatsu is free!

Not yet.

The city he lives in is called Green Island of Asley. It's called green because it's planted with trees. Asley is a name of a botanist scientist who founded this area. One of the labs of RPWI is located in the center of this city, but Michikatsu doesn't know where. Even as he tries to remember where the pathway is, he still struggled. Michikatsu ran farther away from his house without a clue what he was doing. At this point, he started to feel anxious.

"Well, the city is lively as always," Michikatsu mumbled, noticing that even though people are asleep at this time, it appears that a lot of them are still up. So Michikatsu shook the nervousness away and approach a person for the first time in two years.

A woman was standing underneath a lamp post. She had her phone pressed to her ear, calling someone. Michikatsu braved himself up and walked towards her, trying not to feel self-conscious especially when he's wearing nightclothes. Michikatsu cleared his throat, slightly berates himself for wearing pajamas, and waits patiently until the woman turns to look at him.

Michikatsu caught the woman's attention and... well, quite a bit awkward for him since the woman looks like she was crying. "Um, excuse me. Can you help give me some directions?" He fought the urge to ask if she was okay, but for now, he needs to be selfish.

The woman muttered on her phone, "One second." Then pulled away from the device as she sniffled, ending the call. "Yes?" Her voice is hoarse and dry so she cleared her throat as well. "Yes? How may I help you?"

By calling the police and having them arrest Yoriichi Tsugikuni. Not that anyone would believe Michikatsu. Everyone loves the famous Yoriichi because he is a member of that organization. Yoriichi is the man who contributes the most out of every single scientist and was the important figure and most needed genius in these recent times. The best so far! Even if Michikatsu would tell the police that his brother did a crime, they wouldn't believe him.

That's why Michikatsu is heading to the place where Yoriichi works. "Do you know where the RPWI facility is? Like, the building where all the specialists work at?"

The woman nodded, sniffling once again. "Yeah, I can show you the map on my phone to help you visualize it."

Michikatsu's eyes brightened. "Oh, please. That will be helpful." The woman gave him the direction, her voice is meek and slow. She didn't ask why Michikatsu is wearing pajamas, and he also did not ask why she was crying. Both of them have their different problems going on at this very moment, yet the similarity between them is to end their problem on this very night.