Prologue

After his wife's death during the Archon war, Morax was heartbroken, he didn't let anyone in, and he didn't let himself out. But that didn't stop Barbatos from barging into his life, nothing could stop him, his friend was hurting, so he needed to cheer him up. So he brought some osmanthis wine in a basket to help his dear friend. He flew over the mountains of Liyue until he arrived where Morax resides. He gently dropped himself down, making sure to knock before he opened the door, he wasn't all that impolite.

"Oh Moraxxxx~" The Anemo Archon chirped as he let himself him into the other god's space.

"Go away.."

"I brought something that'll cheer you up, your favorite~"

"I don't care." Morax sat on the ground with his back facing the other. He didn't care to look at him, he didn't want to see, hear, or speak to anyone, he hadn't slept in years. It's been four years. A blink of the eye for the two, but for most, they'd be sad, yes, but they wouldn't be mourning every day and crying themselves to sleep every night, they wouldn't be praying for a miracle, and they wouldn't still be in grief.

"Awh, please just let yourself be happy again."

"No."

"Look. I know you're hurting, but that's no excuse to just block EVERYONE out."

"Oh shut up, I can do what I want." Morax replied as he hugged his legs to his chest, just then, there was a light clunk on the floor, as well as a small splash followed by the sound of glass and occasional paper on the ground, he looked to his left and saw a wine bottle next to him. He picked up the bottle and read the label.

"Osmanthis wine.." Morax read aloud, he sighed and looked back at Barbatos, who was smiling warmly with a basket of wine in front of him with two goblets snuggled with the wine. Morax chuckled, seemingly surprising himself, we that would be the first time he's laughed or smiled in four years. The other man giggled in response as he lit a touch with the dusty box of matches next to it, the room lighting up, almost everything was untouched since Guizhong's untimely demise. He sat next to the messy Archon and opened the wine, handing him a goblet as he set the basket down in front of the two.

"Thank you." Morax muttered, though he didn't want to admit it, but he was thankful to have someone willing to barge in for his sake, willing to spend the last of their mora on stupid wine for him, or maybe he stole it, either way, he obviously cared enough to go out of his way for him, and he was thankful to have a friend like that. He was thankful for Barbatos. Thankful for the alcoholic, allergic-to-cats, apple-loving, body-stealing, whore, sad excuse for a god, Barbatos.

"Ehe~ of course, anything for you, Morax!"

The taller god just rolled his eyes and chuckled, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"You're always something else." He commented as he looked around, it's been too long since he's seen light. Then he felt warmth around his chest and arms, he looked down to the source and it was none other than Barbatos, his face nuzzled into his upper arm, holding the Archon of Liyue in a tight embrace, humming a sweet song as he did so.

"Barbatos.."

"Morax..?"

"Please..promise me this..stay by my side...till the end.."
________________________________
593 words!

Author's note: 💕=smut, so feel free to skip those chapters or head straight to them (I head straight to them), anyways, this is exciting eek! :>