What is love?

What is love? Is it the warm feeling you get, that feeling of your heart fluttering as he walks by? The feeling of pure joy and happiness just seeing him? Or is love the feeling of feeling like you're close, but are never able to grasp it? Why do I feel this way... before I met you, I never knew what love was. Before I met you, every smile was nothing more than movements of muscles on my face., before I met you every laughter was nothing more than sounds coming out of my mouth. What is this feeling?

The pure beauty of admiring from afar, was nothing I had ever experienced. Being able to freely smile because of his goals, or because he laughed or because I could see him. I like this feeling, the feeling of looking at someone with nothing more than pure admiration, a feeling which would stay nothing more than a feeling...or so I would think. Is this love?

When I see you, my smile shines freely. I have nothing to hide, except my love for you. I really like you, yet it feels so surreal. Falling for someone that you never thought you would, sometimes I just think at night why you? It wasn't a hatred, or questioning that I felt but rather a small tingle in my heart, a feeling in my heart that flutters each time you enter my mind.

But with this feeling of joy, lies a more complex feeling hiding deep in my heart. A resentment when someone talks to him, what is this? He isn't mine, and im not his yet what is this feeling of jealously hiding my heart, a dark side to this love that I feel. I cant explain it, why do I tears roll quietly down my cheek when I think of this.

Is this what love means?