Chapter 1

This is my second book but I'm still very new to writing but according to my friends I have good ideas and I quite enjoy it. Please don't blame me for my grammar but English is not my first language. Well I hope you will like the second book. Leave comments if you have any questions or if you want the next part uploaded.xxxx :) The top photo is of Ivy xx

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I woke up to the sound of my alarm. God how I hate that sound, not to mention that today was not going to be the best day of my life. How do I know? Well today is my father's trail where he got accused with child abuse and murder. It might have been weeks since Jason got killed but I still can't believe it. The thought that it was my fault just kills me from the inside out. He did and always will mean the most to me. Jason just found himself at the wrong place during the wrong time. His mistake was meeting me and prying into my life. However even though the truth is hard blaming myself won't bring him back to life. I just wish that my father would have aimed the knife at me and not Jason. One good thing from me being abused was that we moved here and I met him the bad thing is that now he is gone and I don't think I'll ever feel safe.

I got out of bed and started to dress myself. I put on a simple black dress with long sleeves; the dress went to my mid-thigh. I wore black flat ballerina shoes that didn't give me any extra height so I looked very small. Looking in the long mirror at myself, I still see the broken and innocent girl that just a few weeks ago was scared to step a foot inside her own house but now half of me looks more brave and less vulnerable. The abuse did give me strength - it showed that I was a survivor in some way. But now my emerald green eyes don't look as haunted as they used to, every time I passed a mirror , now they hold something I have not seen or felt for a long time something that I stopped believing in after my mum's death; hope.

After the funeral I went back home with Lexie- my half-sister, now she owns her own spa clinic so she is able to take care of me. She did change a lot then from when she worked for my parents. She now is taller and has beautiful brown hair; normally she has her hair in pretty and perfect ringlets. Also she has a boyfriend named Lucas. At first when I met him I was scared and I would flinch every time he would touch me or surprise me. But when I got to know him I saw that I misjudged him. He takes perfect care of me and Lexie. However sometimes when I look at him it brings back the pain because he just reminds me of Jason. His personality and attitude just match Jason's.

Also Jason's mother started to show how she really feels like towards me. People may not notice but I do and at times he would give me glares of pure hatred and disappointment. She stopped allowing the twins to visit me. But can you blame her; I mean it was my fault that her adopted son is dead and buried 6 feet underground. Anyway my father tried to deny any accusations thrown at him but was obviously that was not true because I had evidence all over my body. When the bruises were tested it showed that the bruises were not an accident and were purposely inflicted.

Not much changed since I got adopted by Lexie. My father's case is still in progress because the only witness was killed. He will definitely go to jail for murder but it is not definite that he will pay for the years of abuse and pain he caused me.

Just sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a normal father that after he became a widower; he would take care of his daughter and try to move on with his life. That he would allow his daughter to have a happy life full of friends. That when Jason came into the picture he would still be alive and no one would be devastated and unhappy because they are missing him so much.

"Ivy?" came a distant voice that bought me back to reality. I turned around to see Lexie with a worried look.

Probably because every time I stand in front of a mirror I go back to the few weeks of hell. I smiled at her weakly and she never asked for anything more. We all know that I haven't smiled once since Jason died. He was the only one that made me smile for real.