Foreword

Please check trigger warnings in the tags below. I insist that this story features a lot of bad parenting, childhood trauma and everything that ensues

About this book : the story is set pre-Calamity, meaning it features all the Champions and Zelda (and probably a lot of inconsistencies too).  MC is agender and uses they/them pronouns. They are also visually impaired and of mixed racial identity, meaning they undergo a lot of stigmatisation all throughout the story (I know stigmatisation of races is a common thing in fantasy but warning you all just in case.) I am not visually impaired myself. I try my best to write my character respectfully but if anything comes across as offensive to you, please let me know, I'd love to know how I can improve.

This story is also available on AO3 and you can find out more about it on the tumblr blog, where I post the characters' designs, updates and sometimes trivia for certain chapters :

https://www.tumblr.com/the-lost-beast

Since this is a story about a visually-impared character, I want to make this story accessible for all. I am thinking about posting an audio version on YouTube, so if that's something you'd be interested in, let me know. If there is any other way I can make the story accessible for you, please let me know, either by commenting or reaching out on tumblr.

This a loooong story (estimated complete length ~200k - this book is the first in a series of 3). Also I constantly edit everything, it's my curse. Trying my best to keep everyone canon in character and to update regularly (joke). It's also important to mention the Rev/MC ship is not the focus of the story and will take time to build so don't read this if you like it fast (or reasonably-paced at all lmao)

English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistakes. French version available on my profile.

Lastly, this is a story about war, revisionism, trauma and companionship.

Tags (tw and rep) :

Canon-Typical Violence; Blood and Injury; Bad Parenting; Abusive Parents; Emotional/Psychological Abuse; Physical Abuse; Gaslighting; Psychological Trauma; Childhood Trauma; Trauma; Guilt-tripping; Self-Harm; Self-Hatred; Self-Esteem Issues; self-deprecation; All Major Characters Die; Misgendering; Race Talk; canon-typical stigmatisation of races; Miscommunication; Angst; Bittersweet Ending; Disfiguremisia

Queer Themes; Queer Characters; Queer MC; Queer side characters; Agender Character; Trans Character; Disabled Character; Neurodiversity; trans MC; Visually impaired MC