.~* 5 *~. Sophie's Pov

Once inside the shop, Maruca went off on her own and Marella and Linh went together, fire and water. Biana stuck with Sophie, claiming that 'she needed a pro'.

"Red. Red and flowy. Not too long. Maybe an open back? Something that clasps around the neck?" Sophie sighed. It was best to just let Biana go off on her own.

"Oh! Yes this is pretty!" Biana exclaimed, pulling off a fiery red dress. It was knee length with a circle skirt for 'plenty of twirlability' that cinched at the waist and thick straps that framed the sweetheart neckline.

"It's pretty. But..."

"But...?" Biana looked at her expectantly.

"But not... right." Biana rolled her eyes, but didn't put back the dress. Sophie trailed behind Biana as she pulled out dress after dress. Some long, some short, some had details of tulle, some had flowers. All of them were red. All of them felt wrong.

Eventually, Biana had had enough.

"Ok. That's it. We've looked at all the red dresses in this store and I'm starting to think you don't even want a dress."

"I do want a dress. Just not... any... of the ones you chose." Sophie admitted, slowly getting quieter as she went on. Biana sighed, exasperated.

"Why not?! What is so wrong about the dresses?! They're all gorgeous! And if red was my color, then I would want all of them!" Sophie looked away. Only Biana could get so mad over a stupid dress. Why on Earth didn't she want those dresses, they were all so pretty. But the little voice in the back of her mind said 'but I want ice blue. To match his eyes.'

"What?" Biana asked, finally quieting her voice. Sophie jerked her head up. Did she say that out loud?

"Wha- oh. Nothing." Biana shook her head, now curious.

"No. That wasn't nothing. I can tell. That was miss Fossboss actually voicing her opinion. But you do that all the time so it has to be something you don't want to admit." Marella poked her head around the corner, a bright orange silk dress that was a cross between a mermaid and cocktail with a slit and spaghetti straps, a sweetheart neckline, and a see through corset in her arms.

"Ooo secrets! Spill the tea!" Sophie shook her head, quickly pulling out an eyelash.

"Guys! Come over here! Secrets are being spilled!" Marella waved Linh and Maruca over. They happily did, Linh holding a beautiful bright blue dress that fell just below her knees with the fabric criss crossing on the bodice, leading to one strap, just the color of Wylie's eyes... ok. Coming back to that one, Maruca came over with a bright purple silk one to match the strands of color in her hair. It had off the shoulder sleeves and a pleated skirt that was knee length.

"It was nothing. I'll just go with... this one." She pulled a random dress from the rack. Biana eyed her skeptically. She looked down. It was gorgeous.

An ice blue strapless dress, the color of Keefe's eyes. It was flowy, an illusion tulle skirt. Going down to the floor. It cinched at the waist, with a see through corset covered in flowers with diamonds and pearls in the center. The flowers seemed to burst from the corset, overflowing onto the skirt and bodice, where the tulle started again, continuing above the corset, dipping gracefully into a sweetheart neckline. It was the most stunning thing she had ever seen. It was perfect.

"It's perfect." She admitted.

"It's not red." Biana retorted sassily.

Linh stepped in. "Maybe it doesn't need to be red. Maybe it needs to be the color of his eyes." Sophie was too transfixed on the dress to blush. She could just imagine herself, showing up to the dance, finding Keefe and getting lost in the music, lost in his eyes. That is what the dress reminded her of. His eyes. The ones that looked like the clouds in the blue sky on a sunny day. Like freshly fallen snow that you looked at from inside, next to a fireplace. Like being somehow impossibly warm when the world around you was ice cold.

"I hate to admit it, but that's the dress." Biana said, snapping her back to reality. Sophie smiled, finally satisfied. She went to the changing rooms to try it on with Linh, Marella and Maruca. Biana was the only one without a dress yet. It seemed however that she was also browsing for herself while helping Sophie, because she popped up just a few moments later with a silvery blue dress that fell just above her knees with silver embroidery that traveled up the see through bodice. It had a deep V neckline and cute spaghetti straps. It looked suspiciously like Linh's eye color. Or was it Tams?

We decided to not show each other them on so that it could be a surprise for when we're getting ready. She slipped it on, ignoring the corset because it tied up and that's way too much work. She looked like a princess. The dress was a little long but nothing a pair of Biana's heels couldn't fix. Smiling, she took it off. Oh how Keefe would look at her. No more daydreaming. Focus. She stepped out. Everyone was waiting for her. Again.

"Daydreaming?" Maruca asked, a hand on her hip. Sophie blushed. That was all the answer they needed. Marella sighed.

"Come on, we have dresses to buy!" She grabbed Linh and Biana's hands. Biana grabbed mine and Linh grabbed Maruca's. With Marella leading the way, we all walked, with big smiles on our faces, to the cashier where we each bought our dresses. 

"Oh! Guess what happened while you were daydreaming?" Linh said, a big smile on her face. Sophie eyed Linh's dress in her hands.

"Does it have something to do with your dress, the color of Wylie's eyes?" She asked suspiciously. Linh blushed and nodded.

"Wylie came in shortly after I changed and asked me to go to the dance with him! He's so sweet." Sophie smiled, it was awesome news. They clearly liked each other and they would be really cute together. Line's bubbly but shy personality perfectly matched Wylie's caring quiet one. 

"Sophie! Hey!" Fitz called, entering the store. 

"Oh. Hey Fitz, what's up?" She asked. There were no fluttery feelings, no blushing, nothing. It was nice, a good change. She snapped back to reality, looking at Fitz. He was fidgeting with his hands, nervous energy coming off of him. 

"I was uh, wondering if you would go to the dance with me." 

"What? But we broke up." He looked slightly startled, clearly expecting a quick and easy yes. 

"Yeah, but I still like you and I want to try again. I'm sorry I really am I'll work harder to keep my temper under control and we could make it work." 

"I'm sorry Fitz but I don't think I can... I don't like you anymore I'm sorry." She turned back to the girls, who were giving her supportive smiles, even Biana. Fitz stormed off behind her, leaving the store and leaping away, 

"Well... that was an adventure." Linh said. 

"Mhm." The rest of the girls agreed.