denial or is it counter productivity?

Zade woke up around 11, his eyes heavy and his face puffy from crying all night. He quickly washed his face and decided to try to focus on something else. He went out with his sister to the mall, but he couldn't focus well enough. He bought himself some shirts and returned home at 5 pm. He took a quick shower, trying to avoid logging into Discord.

After a while, he got bored of Arsenal and logged on to see that he had been added back to the group chat. He had received multiple DMs about it, asking if it was true. It seemed that it even spread to people outside of the friend group. He really missed Hart and wanted to talk to him, so he decided to shoot his shot.

@zadehaunts: hart, do you want to VC?

@Hart: Ok.

Zade tried to contain his excitement by taking deep breaths, even though on the inside, he was screaming and squealing and kicking his feet and giggling and blushing and meowing and much, much more. He waited for the call, but it never appeared. He decided to grab a snack before calling Hart. He grabbed some toast and spread the sweet chocolate hazelnut-scented Nutella and went back to sit.

He started the call, not expecting an immediate answer, but nonetheless, Hart answered. He wasn't acting like his usual self; he was very quiet, and well, he's usually pretty silly, goofing around. Zade decided to take a deep breath and a sip from his Toricola (#notsponsored) and started the conversation.

"So, I was thinking we could possibly play some horror games? If you want to, of course."

He could hear Hart take a deep breath, his toes curled in anticipation, as Hart's raspy voice spoke.

"Zade, we need to talk. I know you are trying to avoid it, but I just need to acknowledge it."

Zade felt his breath hitch in his throat, his mouth suddenly dry, and his eyes suddenly prickling with tears again. He felt so vulnerable, and he felt so many eyes on him.

"I-oh, okay," Zade murmured, his voice weak and quiet. He doubted that Hart heard it, but unfortunately, he did.

"Listen, I don't know if what Hana said is true, but what I do know is that I do not like you like that, homeboy. I don't know what you thought this was, but I'm not into you like that." Hart groaned, and Zade just couldn't take it anymore. He left the call and sent him a quick message.

@zadehaunts: 👍

@Hart: Lil Bru ran away.

He didn't know what to do at this point. He went to the only two people he felt like he could trust: Valerie and Hana. Obviously, with Hana, it would be risky, but he knows Valerie is busy now anyway, so it's worth letting it out somehow.

@Hana: Dude?? Are you okay? I didn't mean to out you, oxemb. Please just talk to me when you're ready.

@zadehaunts: hana, oh god. hart confronted me. he said he doesn't like me back, and he doesn't know what I thought it was. please help me. i don't know what to do.

@Hana: Bro, what? Is Hart, like, a gayphobe or something?

@zadehaunts: IDK?? HELP ME HANA.

@Hana: Ok, chill, brotha. Sounds to me like Hart just has good ol' internalized homophobia. 3shan when? Okay, I'm not supposed to tell you this.

@zadehaunts: ?????

@Hana: A while ago, Hart was on VC with me. Sleep-deprived, as usual. My plug, frl 🔌, and I got curious. Ma ento kento bet hang out all the time, and I knew that you are bi, so I was asking, and he said, and I quote, "He's cute, but I don't know. I'm straight and all, so." Blud has NEVAA dated a woman, I stg. But he started saying how he enjoys his time with you no matter what and he doesn't want to ruin what you two have 🤷🏻‍♀️. That's gay, bruh. And so I told him, and he told me I'm mid.

@zadehaunts: oh.

@Hana: He'll get over his denial and crawl back into your arms eventually, brotha 🥱🙏.

@zadehaunts: thank you.

Zade was going to continue asking Hana some questions about her suspicious interactions with Hart, but Valerie started spamming him more.

— New Messages: —

@vol
ZUZUUU
WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING IN GC?
DO YOU ACTUALLY LIKE HART?? 😭
TARA, I WON'T JUDGE.
IF YOU DO, I ACTUALLY HAVE SOME IDEAS TO HELP YOU.. FA??
BRO, ANSWER.
I AIN'T GOT ALL DAY.
PLEASE, ZUZU.
LET ME SET YOU AND SHAZEEN UP.
YA DEEN OMY.
ZUZU TA3LA 7GR PAPI B2A.

@zadehaunts
hi.

@vol
la2 bgd???
kont feen da kolo?

@zadehaunts
kont bal3ab ballet.

@vol
nvm i hope u and ur hartoota jump off a cliff.

@zadehaunts
😞
i do actually like hart, though. hana told me some things.
bc i got on VC with him, and he was like, "i don't like you like that. i don't know what you think this is," and i don't think me and him are on good terms anymore.

@vol
oh?
okay, slow down. what did hana say?

@zadehaunts

@vol oh my god, yasta

@vol
oh my god, yasta.
this is insane. howa fi eh?
okay, i'm gonna direct you to my cupids.

@zadehaunts
why do you have cupids? you don't have bitches.

@vol
KILL YOURSELF.
okay, it's yohan and demi. go DM them. yalla, i wanna go call kai.

@zadehaunts
😳

Zade then told both Yohan and Demi what happened, and they proceeded to make a group chat.

@sesuai changed the channel name: matchmaking

@sesuai
hai okeso.

@scarasmut
OH MY GOD.

@zadehaunts
i'm gonna regret this.