Chapter 4

"No. No. No," Cosette whined.

"Hey, I'm only doing this because I love you," I finished packing her last dress in her suitcase.

"I don't want to move. Not without you. Who is going to take care of you when you 'fall',"

"I will. And, maybe Cody," I reassured her, "look, I FaceTimed mom and Henry. He is very nice. I gave him things that you like. Your room is already set-up. Think of it as your home away from home,"

"It's not home without you," tears swelled up in our eyes. Cosette ran out of her room and hid from me, "I'm not leaving,"

"Hey, if you don't go, I could get arrested," as soon as I got the -ed sound out of my mouth, the door to the attic stairs swung open. I ventured up to the attic.

"This is where I hide when you and daddy fight. It scares me,"

"When you move to mommy's house, there will be no more fear of that. Ok?" It was a while before I got a response.

"...............Ok,"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

COSETTE'S POV:

There was a guy holding a sign with my name on it. It was a 1hr. flight. I missed Andrew, or 'dad' in my diary.

"Ahh....Ms.Latrone, how very nice to meet you. my name is Clisby, the family butler," he said, "here, let me take that for you." He grabbed my suitcase and we headed towards a sleek, black limousine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My room was a pretty pink color and the bed was tall as me. My closet was as big as my room back home with Andrew, which is very big, for a closet. There were some new clothes in there as well.

When I finished unpacking, I called Andrew. I knew he was off because every Friday, he would pick my up from school and we spend the rest of the day watching Paw Patrol, Bubble Guppies, and Team Umizoomi, my favorite shows. Or, it would get interrupted by my drunk 'father' and they would fight and I would hide in the attic.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

ANDREW'S POV:

I lay in my bed thinking of how Cosette is doing. I missed my little princess. Then, my father burst open my door and said,

"Lesson number 2," And a crowbar whacked my on the side of my neck.

\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*

HELLO MY DEAR READERS

Yes, I alternated POVs in the middle of a chapter but, I don't care. Cosette is finally save, unlike Andrew who just got hit with a crowbar.

More characters:

Leslie Collins/Anderson- Stormie Lynch

Henry Collins- Kevin Downes

MORE CHARACTERS AS THE STORY DEVELOPS

XOXO,
Delilah 😘