Goodnight

3:58 AM
{??????}: "Are you awake?"

The phone vibrated, causing a buzzing sound where it was left. A human is deep inside a dreamless rest as they lay their head on the desk. They were surrounded by papers sprawled about the bedroom, books of different kinds open on pages and left unread.

{??????}: "they're coming for you. I'm sorry."

{??????}: "I can't stop them. I tried. Goodbye, friend."

The phone kept vibrating with every notification that came on to the human's phone. It did not succeed in alerting anyone of the notifications coming in, as no one was awake to hear the noise.

The one intended to read them ever will be.

Blood dripped down on to the wooden floor, beginning to form a small puddle on it. The phone continued to vibrate with each notification that came to it.

{????}: "Too bad it had to end this way. You could've been a lot more fun."

The phone ran out of battery. It's screen turned black and no longer continued to make any noise. The night was quiet. Anyone would just assume the person residing in the bedroom was asleep and would leave without another thought.

_________________________________

Laying back down on their bed, they turned off their phone after getting no response to their messages. It was just as expected.

"Another one down. Not many more left."