New Living.

As I unlocked the door to my new apartment all that I could do was stare. This was the first time I've lived on my own. "You'll do fine girl", I said to myself aloud.

I started unpacking my belongings, dishes first.

I carefully unwrapped my colorful plates from their bubble wrap packages. I stacked them in a neat pile on the clean counter top. I unwrapped the cups, bowls, and silverware; I put all the dishes and utensils in their correct place in the cabinets and drawers.

Happy with myself for not breaking anything, I plopped down on the love seat in the living room. I decided to check my email to see if my roommate from college replied to me.

She left me a short meaningful reply:

"From: Brittney

To: You

Hey Court! I decided to take an extra year of college to get my Masters! I'm so excited! Can you believe how fast we grew up?! Reply to me whenever you can. Love ya! Bye bye!

Love,

Britt. "

I replied with the run of the mill I miss you visit when you can.

Shutting off my laptop, I look at my bags. I brought most of my things from home. I began putting up pictures and decorations to make this big dark apartment feel more homier.

"It's now or never", I said in my head while looking at my piles of clothes. I lugged all if my clothes into my new bedroom. I started hanging up the garments by style. T-shirts, dressy shirts, shorts, capris, and pants. At the very back of the closet I put my dress bags.

Somehow all of my clothes fit in the small closet. Relieved I spent time neatly putting my delicates in the wardrobe. After I finished with that drawer I filled the rest with around the house clothes and night shirts.

After that was over I was too tired to do anything else. I got into bed and almost immediately went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up at 8:07 a.m. I decided to take a shower and get ready to start my day.

I made good progress unpacking last night. So all I had to unpack was my toiletries. I refolded the towels and stacked them on a shelf beside the bathtub.

I finished putting things away and started unpacking the last thing; my knitting and sewing supplies.

I started knitting and sewing at a young age. Which made me skilled now. I sat my sewing machine on a desk in the corner of the living room. I put my yarn basket in the floor beside the desk. Lastly I put all of my knitting needles in a jar and sat them on the desk.

The feeling of relief fell soon on me. I'm finally unpacked.

The pain of hunger aroused in my stomach. It's 12:00p.m. Lunchtime.

I decided to go out for the meal. New York is filled with amazing dining places.

I got dressed in casual attire. Blue striped shirt and white shorts. I slipped on blue flip flops and put make up on. It's a good thing I did my hair after I got out of the shower.