First year|| New friends!!

Dear Diary,
Well I'm at hogwarts right now and I'm kinda sad because me and Sev aren't in the same house,I'm a Gryffindor and he's a Slytherin.
I met a few new people, A boy with an odd last name,A girl with Blonde hair,A dumb Pretty boy and a Girl I'd actually met before,Mary Macdonld, Y'know my Best Friend of ages!! We go to the Same School!

So currently I'm in my dorm room and I'm sharing with Mary. And she keeps pestering me about a boy who has already been proclaimed as Hottest in our Year,His name is Remus Lupin? What a peculiar name honestly! If my mind is right it means, Wolf Wolf.It's a weird name but who am I to judge.
I also met A boy named Regulus,He and Sev are in the Sam house, Sirius told me that Regulus is his twin brother. He also said that I shouldn't talk to Regulus because he's a 'mamas boy' but I honestly don't care ,Regulus is actually very kind plus James,Sirius's newly proclaimed best friend seems to also be one. And I don't see Sirius act the same to him.
Plus most of the boys don't like any one in Slytherin anyway, I kinda wish I was in the same house as Reggie and Sev..seems kinder than being here.
In gryffindor I feel like need to be the best all the time as it's the headmaster's favourite house Plus my best friend is in Slytherin..