Goodbyes

[Angst—Based on Wilbur's last stream.]

The boy pursed his lips together, biting his bottom lip hardly. He stopped as he felt the metallic taste of blood. He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he looked away; ignoring the reasons and explanations the older man in front of him was giving. He didn't want to hear his excuses—his excuse as to why he was leaving the boy alone by himself.

The boys heart aches and squeezed at the thought of the older man leaving him alone. It would mean another prized and loved possession of his would leave his grasp once again. The boy couldn't handle change and couldn't even try to bear the thought of the older man—his saviour, his helper, his brother, leaving him alone once and for all.

The boy shook his head, ignoring all the pleadings, reasonings, and excuses the older man was telling him. He looked at the older man with a frustrated gaze that clearly showed he was distressed and did not want to hear anymore. Tears pricked at the boys eyes and threatened to fall if he heard anymore. The older man noticed this and frowned as he paused and stopped talking to look at the boy straight in the eyes.

The boy wanted to hear no more of the older man's excuses, so he shook his head and frowned. The boy was startled when the older man put his left hand on the boys right shoulder. He looked into the boys eyes who looked right back. The boys lips parted slightly when seeing the older man's eyes full of sorrow.

"I'm proud of you."

The older man said softly, as he squeezed his grip on the boys right shoulder. The boys lips quivered as the tears that once swelled up and pricked at the corner of his eyes started to flow down and drip onto the dry sand of where the two men stood alone in front of one another; alone in the empty and deserted beach where no one visited anymore.

The boy let out a stifled sob as he wrapped his arms around the older man's backs and hugged him tightly. His grip was soft and his tears dripped onto the older man's shirt. The older man was startled and surprised by the boys random movement, before hugging the boy back tightly as he let the boy cry his heart out into his shirt.

It was like a child loosing its favorite ice cream. The child loved it and the ice cream loved the child. But all good things have to go because In the end, a good person never lasts; even if you weren't one to begin with. The wind blew at the the boy and the older man's hair. The breeze touching and pricking at the boys tears softly.
————————————
The boy waved softly at the older man who was drifting into the ocean with a boat. He gave him a half-assed smile and continued to wave towards the older man who was drifting away into the ocean on his small wooden boat. The boy smiled softly, before looking up; his heart dropping as he heard the older man speak up.

"Goodbye, Tommy!"

The older man said, as he waved towards the boy with a soft smile; his gaze soft and saddening. Tommy gulped, tears swelling up on the corner of his eyes again as he stood on his tip toes and waved at the older man with a forced smile.

"Goodbye, Wilby.."

Tommy called out to him, yet the only thing that went unheard was Wilby. Tommy waved again, watching as Wilbur's boat drifted off into the vast ocean. He hoped and hoped that maybe one day, Wilbur would come back from his adventures. That one day, he and Wilbur could be living a normal life like they used to have.

Tommy choked back a sob before falling to the dry sand on his knees. He held his chest as he cried; wailing and sobbing even harder when the realization hit him. The realization that his brother left him. The dry sand was wet with tears as the soft breeze blew through Tommy's dirty blonde hair.