Caught ( Pt. 2 )

Love is a beautiful, yet so fucked up thing.

The boy in the ghostface robe has now escaped the scene, unsure what other options he has. He was now running through the darkened alleyways, unsure of where to go. Puddles from the evening rainstorm dampen his robe, but he doesn't care. All he can think about right now is Chad..

"Maybe he didn't even see me.." The boy hoped.

But that was a stupid thought, and Ethan knows that. Hell, they maintained eye contact for a solid 5 seconds at the very least.

"I am so, so fucked," is all that played through Ethan's mind, like a broken record.

A forgotten,  fucked up useless record; that's all Ethan is. Or, at least that's all he will be when Chad gets the news of Ethan's murderous identity out. Because once that happens, he'll prove his father's concerns of him being ill fit for the ghostface role correct. Deep down, Ethan knew these concerns were never for his own mental health and well being though, simply scared to ruin his own vengeance plan. Ethan looked past this though. All he ever wanted was to be appreciated by his father. He just wants to know what it felt like. Now, he never will. His one chance to make his father proud, and he fucked it all up.

Alongside disappointing his father, he now also knows Chad will never look at him the same. All those memories they shared together throughout the course of them being roommates.. Like when Ethan got scared while they were watching Coraline of all things and Chad held him tight. Or when Chad opted to miss classes to stay home and watch over a sick Ethan, despite Ethan begging him not to. All these moments they shared, fun, happy, sad, everything. It will all amount to nothing.

"nothing."

Hey, Ethan's getting pretty used to that word now. It's like it's engraved into him now. "nothing," is what he got for every birthday following his 13th birthday, because he just wasn't important enough in comparison to Richie. "nothing," is what showed up to his college graduation because his father was supposedly busy with work. "nothing," is what Ethan had felt throughout all of his teenage years.

and now, the one person that made him feel something, will be ripped away from him because of his own psychotic urges.

once that happens, Ethan is sure he'll also be "nothing."

——————————

Chad still hasn't left Ethan's room. He just doesn't know what he should do. He thinks that the objectively good thing to do would be report Ethan to the police and live on with his life. Put this ghostface bullshit that has caused him oh so much trauma for the past year behind him.

But Ethan isn't someone he can simply throw away. Ethan is special to him. Before, he felt that he could settle with Tara. It just felt.. right. I mean, smart beautiful girl and athletic jock? They're just meant to be. But the more time he spends with Ethan, the more he realizes that his supposed relationship with Tara is fake, fabricated. On the contrary, he also realizes that Ethan makes him feel.. exhilarated. As if he tasted the rawest form of honey, and everything else is refined and synthetic.

He makes the difficult decision to leave Ethan's bed, deciding that Ethan's scent alone can't possibly be enough for him. To be fair though, with Ethan, he doesn't think he'll ever get enough, never feel satisfied. However, seeing him will maybe bring him temporary satisfaction.

And with that, he sets out into the darkened streets in search for Ethan, knowingly diving back into what birthed his trauma in the first place.

——————————
woo part two is done. thanks for all of the support you guys left on part one. i'm probably gonna make this into some small series because i initially wanted these to just be oneshots but obviously it isn't really oneshots anymore idk lol. lmk how u liked it though 💗